Feminine Footwear: Lace Up Espadrille Wedges

Full post
Happy Monday! Today's post is dedicated to one of my favorite spring and summer accessories - lace up espadrille wedges! I've been wearing them for a few years now, and this summer I finally had to buy a new pair because my first one was completely worn out, so I can officially say they've reached wardrobe staple status.
 
The Castañer Carina wedges were the shoe that got me into the lace up espadrille wedge trend - I used to see Lydia Millen wear them constantly and I loved how girly and versatile they were!

Full post
I didn't want to spend $140 on the Castañer wedges not knowing how often I would wear them, so I got a pair from ASOS for around $30 and wore them so much over three years that they literally fell apart. They were super comfortable, great quality, and somehow never got dirty. I did a full blog post on them back in 2019 and it's been one of my most read posts. The exact pair I had is no longer sold, but they still have a lot of affordable espadrille wedges - this pair is my favorite!

Full post
After wearing my ASOS wedges into the ground, I knew I could spend more on a backup pair and get my money's worth out of them. I didn't feel the need to buy the Carinas since there are so many more affordable pairs out there, so I opted for this pair from Soludos - they retail for $115 but I got them on sale for around $75. Most of the reviews recommend sizing down at least half a size, so that's what I did and they fit perfectly. They are super comfortable and everything I wanted, the only critique I have is that I wish the ties were a bit longer. They're just barely long enough to wrap around twice and make into a bow, so I usually just tie them in a square not and let the ends hang.

Full post
There are so many other great options available this season, so I'm linking a bunch of favorites below including some from Amazon!


Full post
I wanted to include plenty of styling options in this post, but clearly I mainly wear these with dresses. 😂 BUT it's always great to have an interesting staple pair of shoes, and they really elevate simple dresses and add the perfect feminine touch to any outfit.

Full post

I hope you had a great weekend! If you're reading this on Monday, then Kenny and I are currently on our way to see LADY GAGA! I am so freaking excited, we're meeting a few friends up in DC to go together. Kenny and I both went to her Monster Ball Tour in 2010 (separately - that was a few years before we met) so it's really exciting to be going to a show together 12 years later. I'll be sporting these shoes for the occasion and I'm just hoping I'm able to walk in them... I will probably be hanging onto Kenny all night for support. 😂 Stay tuned!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments