Retro Vibes

Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a good one. It's been incredibly gloomy here the past few days, there's nothing but rain in the forecast! Makes me so sleepy. I want some sunshine around here, bring on summer!

Dress (40% off, also comes in yellow) | Wedges (25% off) | Headband
Earrings (71% off) | Sunglasses (also here) | LV Pouchette Accessories NM
Speaking of summer, did you know the first day of summer is on June 20th (a Saturday!) this year because it's a leap year? I'm so accustomed to it being on the 21st that I thought it was a mistake when my mom told me it was on a Saturday, but I'm so glad she was right! The first day of summer is my very favorite day of the year since it's the longest day. My mom and I have made a tradition of making a cheese board and making politely asking my dad to drive us up to Reddish Knob to watch the sunset on the first day of summer every year, so we're excited it's on a Saturday! 


Alright, let's talk about this dress! Blue and white patterned dresses are one of my FAVORITE things to wear during spring and summer (I have a whole post about them coming later this week). They're classic, especially when paired with a classic silhouette. I saw this dress on sale at Nordstrom and had to have it! It's super flattering and comfortable, and the sleeves don't fall down, which is an issue I have with a lot of other puff sleeve/square neck pieces. It's currently on sale for $33 and comes in yellow, too.


My pearl hoop earrings are on major sale right now too, for just $7!


Once again, I'm rocking a headband from my $14 set. The white color is my most-worn, but I love all of the other eight colors too. 


Last but not least, these shoes! I did a whole post on affordable lace up espadrille wedges last summer, most of which are still available. I linked some of my favorites here. These are the ones I have, they're nearly identical to the Castaner Carinas at a fraction of the price. 


I hope you're having a good week! Not much to report over here, I haven't been up to much! I'm hoping to go strawberry picking this weekend, but with all of the rain this week I'm afraid that the strawberries will rot on the vine. Fingers crossed they make it through, there's absolutely nothing like fresh, local strawberries in May!

xoxx, Laura 

No comments