July Favorites


I *CANNOT* believe it is August... How is summer going by so quickly?! I love summer SO much and it hurts me to feel it passing by! I know SOME OF YOU probably won't even wait til September to start getting your Halloween decorations ready, and just know I love you but I do not support that kind of behavior during my wholesome American summer. 😂 But that's enough of me getting ahead of myself, let's chat about my July favorites!

  1. Wine Cellar candle: I heard that this candle was a dupe for my favorite potentially discontinued Bath & Body Works candle, and it's pretty darn close! It smells cozy and homey and I love the wood wick.
  2. Bike shorts: I've worn these bike shorts in black for a few years now so I got them in white too. The white color is not the most flattering in the crotch area if you know what I mean (🐫😂) but as long as I wear a longer top they're great!
  3. Snake chain necklace: I got this chain to layer with one of my real gold necklaces and they go really well together. I wear it on the shortest setting and it's the perfect length!
  4. Tinted lip balm in "Bliss You Berry": I got this balm after seeing a bunch of TikToks about the Clinique Almost Lipstick in "Black Honey" and while I've never tried that one, I feel like this Cover Girl balm is a great dupe! It has the perfect amount of pigmentation, and looks great on its own or topped with a gloss.
  5. Glitter eyeshadow in "Ready to Sparkle": I saw Tati Westbrook share this and I bought it immediately - I love glitter eyeshadow, and this is one of the only affordable ones I've tried and liked. The pan is large and the formula applies easily without any sort of primer, I just use my fingertip!
  6. Down throw blanket: I've spoken about this blanket in the past, but I've been really appreciating it recently! It's the perfect size and weight for a throw blanket, and I use it any time I'm at home sitting on the couch. It's even nicer in the fall and winter, but I use it year-round.
  7. Pinrose "Sun Saint": New summer fragrance alert! I got this one when I saw it go on sale after eyeing it for a couple of months, and it's an amazing summer fragrance. The notes are lime, eucalyptus, mandarin, yuzu, sea salt, cashmere musk, violet, coconut wood, and  sandalwood. It's beachy without being overwhelmingly coconutty like a lot of summery perfumes. It's sexy and warm but also has a freshness to it thanks to the fruit and eucalyptus notes.
  8. Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner: This is such a fun read! It's great for summertime but not your typical beach read - it's a mystery that unfolds within a girly and romantic story line. I've been reading a lot of thrillers lately and this book was a welcome change from all of the darker plots.
  9. Hot Pop: I got this on Amazon Prime Day and I've been really enjoying using it! It allows you to make popcorn in the microwave without any oil, and it's a lot easier and safer than making stove top popcorn. I LOVE popcorn and eat a lot of it, but apparently microwave popcorn bags contain a lot of toxic chemicals, so I feel better using this to make my own. I add a little popcorn salt and nutritional yeast and it's delicious!
  10. Nike Air Max 90s: Nike Air Max 90s are my favorite sneaker, and Kenny just bought me an all white pair as a surprise earlier last month. I love wearing them with bike shorts and some cropped socks.
  11. Watching: I've been watching a bunch of different shows this month! The new season of Stranger Things was great, now I wonder how long they'll make us wait for the next (and officially final??) season, ha! I absolutely LOVED The Summer I Turned Pretty on Amazon Prime! Probably my favorite show I've watched in a while. I read the book series back in high school, and I watched the series one week back at my parents' house when I was house sitting, so it felt very full circle, haha. I'm so glad they're coming out with another season! I watched The Girl in The Picture documentary on Netflix and it was so crazy, so many twists and folds. Kenny and I also started The Rehearsal on HBO Max which we've been excited for - it's very weird but if you're familiar with Nathan Fielder's work then you'll love it. We also started watching The Bear oh Hulu and it's funny to me because it just feels like a continuation of Lip's life after Shameless. Lastly, I got Kenny to agree to start the new Love Island UK season with me after we finished the most recent Australia one! We're not very far into it yet, so no spoilers!


I hope you had a great weekend! Kenny and I kept things low key because we had a pretty serious COVID exposure early last week, so we've been waiting it out in case we get sick to make sure we don't expose anyone else. Not the ideal weekend but oh well! 

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links. 

No comments