Castañer Wedges Dupes

The espadrille sandal trend has been hot for the past few summers, but I was slow to warm up to it. I'm not sure why, but I'm all about it now. And just in time for the PEAK variety of espadrille options!

Shirt | Skirt | Headband | Wedges
A couple of years ago, this pair of lace-up espadrille wedges from brand Castañer blew up in the fashion world. I remember first seeing them on Lydia Millen, followed by many other internet fashion icons.

Sasha Simone Rudes | Dzung Lewis | Nastasja
Brittany Forbes | Renata Calheiros | Lydia Millen
While they're gorgeous, neutral shoes, I had a hard time justifying the $130 price tag because I rarely spend that much on a shoe, unless it's something I know for sure I'll be getting a good cost-per-wear out of.

Castañer Carina
Luckily, as their popularity grew, so did the number of great dupes available. I found five beautiful lookalikes that might as well be the real deal, so you don't have to spend the $130 if you're not fully committed to the style.

Luckily there are a ton of great dupes out right now! I opted for this pair, read on for some other gorgeous, affordable options.

  1. Amazon: Amazon is always here with the trends, so of course they have a version of the lace-up espadrille wedges. Amazon loves to use stolen images on listings so there's a very good chance that the images in the listing are stolen, so I always read reviews to ensure that it's still a good product. These have over four stars and most of the negative reviews have to do with sizing rather than quality, so that's promising for this pair. 
  2. Express: I love these, and you can usually find them on sale (they're 30% off as I'm writing this)
  3. Soludos: You can never go wrong with Soludos for summer shoes. These are the priciest of all of the pairs, but you can be sure that they're high quality.
  4. H&M: I love shopping H&M for trends and pieces that I'm "testing the water" with. While these are basically the same as all the other dupes, the fringe adds a little extra somethin-somethin. I also love this version that has a buckle rather than the lace-up detail, they're a little more low maintenance. 
  5. ASOS: Saving the best for last! This is the pair that I went with for myself, and I absolutely  love them. The wedge is very slight so they're very comfortable, but the platform still provides a good lift.

So cute, right?! There's a trick to getting the laces tied up just right (it's the ultimate test of your coordination to tie a bow behind your own ankle, haha) but once you get the hang of it, you're good to go! I've only ever styled these shoes with skirts and dresses, but I love the look of them with cropped jeans too.


I hope you have the best weekend! I'm cat-sitting for my friend's two angelic kitties, and Kenny and I have a date or two in the works as well.

xoxx, Laura

No comments