Styling a Denim Midi Skirt

Denim midi skirts are one of my favorite trends pieces on the scene recently. They're simple and so easy to style, giving you that effortlessly chic vibe. The detail that I love the most is the slit on the front - it creates a "modest sexy" look that's classically feminine. I rounded up some of my favorite styles in stock right now! I just ordered this one, and I also got a coated denim one.


To add to their appeal, denim midi skirts are the PERFECT summer-to-fall transition piece. Wear one now with a striped button up shirt or your favorite baby tee, and into fall and winter with boots and a chunky sweater. Today I'm sharing some styling inspiration to highlight the versatility of denim midi skirts - you can truly wear them with just about anything, from casual to dressy - it's like a pair of jeans made girly!

Image via

Image via

Image via

Starting out with a few outfits that are on the more summery side - every closet needs a blue and white striped button up shirt, and looks like these are what those shirts were made for!

Image via

Image via

This all-black combo was the first denim midi skirt outfit I saw that got me completely on board - I love a monochromatic look. That one will be so chic come September/October, and the white version is perfect to wear right now!

Image via

How fun is this look?! I think it would look even better with a classic pair of cowboy boots.

Image via

Image via

Jeans and a white shirt, meet jean SKIRT and a white shirt. I look forward to styling an outfit like this soon!

Image via

Image via

I love a good sweater-over-the-shoulders look (I'm wearing one like that now!) so I know I'd feel super cute bopping around town in one of these looks.

Image via

I can't get through a season without a striped tee or sweater, and either of those would be the perfect thing to top off a casual denim midi skirt outfit. You could also easily dress this look down with a pair of leather sneakers.

Image via

"Topper" jackets and sweaters have been particularly popular lately (this one is my current favorite), and they're the perfect thing to throw on over a simple, neutral outfit like this one.

Image via

Image via

This is the kind of outfit I cannot WAIT to style when I break my chunky sweaters out - cozy, feminine, and chic is my MO during the fall and winter months! 

Image via

Image via

Last but not least, a great cool-weather outfit that I know I would wear over and over. I love a slim-fitting turtleneck and pair of heeled boots, add a denim midi skirt and you've got your fall 2023 uniform.

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments