Shenandoah Sugar Starter Pack


If you're reading this on the 24th, then it's my birthday - I'm 28 today! I've seen a few of these "starter pack" posts going around, so I thought it would be fun to do one for myself in honor of my birthday. Everything on this list is something that I swear by, can't be seen without, or makes up part of my personality. Anything! I hope you enjoy, and maybe learn something new about me!


  1. Lanolips: 101 Ointment Multi-Balm! This is probably my favorite product... like, period. I could not live without this lip balm! It comes in a bunch of flavors and they're all good, give me any of them. Heck, give me all of them! I use this every night before bed and it stays on my lips til the morning. You can also use it to moisturize small areas like your cuticles and it is a godsend.
  2. iPhone notes app: I could not live without the notes app! I am a major list writer and checker-offer. If anything happened to my notes app I'd probably need an entire week to get my life back in order, ha.
  3. Summertime and 80°+ weather: In case you've never met me, HI, I am a SUMMER GIRRRL baby!! I could live in summertime year-round, and I love the hot weather. The hotter the better, it doesn't bother me! But at least 80°, please.
  4. Dirty gin martinis: So dirty they look like dish water! I prefer Hendricks or Tanquerray gin. I also prefer these particular coupe glasses for my martinis!
  5. Red wine in Riedel glasses: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Pinot Noir... Make it dry and give it to me in a Riedel glass - there is no substitute for Riedel glassware, trust me on this one - even the "lower end" line is fantastic!
  6. Roxy: UGH, my baby! You're probably familiar with my cat Roxy if you follow me on Instagram - she is my everything and Kenny and I love her SO MUCH! If  you're not a cat person, Roxy could convert you - she's the sweetest girl on earth.
  7. Silk sleep mask: One thing I would have to take with me to a desert island would be a sleep mask, preferably a silk one! I started wearing sleep masks in college when my roommate and I were on different schedules and now I can't live without one. If I happen to forget to pack one on a trip, I'll make do by wrapping a tee shirt around my face. 😂
  8. Black coffee: When it comes to coffee, I like it pretty much any way, but nothing beats a cup of plain black coffee. My morning is incomplete without it! I saw an article recently saying that people who enjoy bitter drinks like gin (+ tonic) and black coffee are more likely to have "malevolent tendencies" so... not sure what that says about me. 😂
  9. Chunky sweaters: I don't have an addiction, but my obsession with sweaters is pretty close to one. I am officially OUT OF SPACE in my house for sweaters, yet somehow I continue to sneak more in. Might I recommend this one, or this one? I have both in multiple colors.
  10. Shirt dresses: Chunky sweaters in the fall and winter become shirt dresses in the spring and summer - I'm wearing one as I type this. This one has been a favorite this season and it just got restocked
  11. Knotted headbands: ALRIGHT one more fashion-related obsession, knotted headbands. The ones from J.Crew are my favorite - they're comfortable and constantly coming out in new patterns to fuel my . 
  12. Gossip Girl: If you subscribe to the "comfort show" philosophy, then you could definitely call Gossip Girl my comfort show! I have watched it through over 10 times now, and I like to restart it around this time every year - the Thanksgiving episodes are my favorite!
  13. Laughing: If you've ever been around me, then you know I love to laugh. I'm always making jokes, and tend to surround myself with people who share my sense of humor. Telling me that you think I'm funny is probably the #1 compliment you can give me!
  14. Baking: Baking is my favorite hobby, you might even say that giving away baked goods is my love language (a solid combination of acts of service + gifts). Also for those of you who are newer followers, my maiden name is Baker, which I've always been proud of!
  15. J.Crew: If I had to choose one brand to shop for the rest of my life, it would be J.Crew. A good portion of my closet came from there, and I was devastated when they filed for bankruptcy in 2020!
  16. The Outer Banks: If I could only pick one vacation spot to visit for the rest of my life, it would be the the beach - more specifically, the Outer Banks. I grew up going to the beach there and it has such a special place in my heart. They have it all there!
  17. Fluffy robes: Any time I'm home I'm probably wearing a big fluffy robe, even over top of my work clothes. I just love to be warm and cozy! I even have one at my parents' house so that I can wear one when I'm over there. 😂
  18. Flossers: Something I've never mentioned on my blog is that I also have a "finsta" of sorts: @foundflossers. I've been taking pictures of random flossers that I spot on the ground for years, and it's gotten to the point that most of my friends and family will send me pictures of them when they see them. I've taken to posting them on my flosser Instagram account and I get a real kick out of it.
  19. Road trips: Kenny and I LOVE a good long weekend trip, and we always drive! The only places we've ever flown have been Arizona and Aruba, but we've explored much of the east coast in his trusty Chevy Impalas.
  20. Gel manicures: OKAY, last one! GEL MANICURES: I never wanted to be the person who *had* to have their nails professionally done, but somehow it ended up that way. I just love how put-together having my nails done makes me feel, and then thrill of a fresh manicure never wears off. 


I wish you a fabulous day, but more importantly, I wish MYSELF a fabulous day! It is all about me today, after all... JK, kinda.

xoxx, Laura 

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments