Adieu, August

Dress | Belt | Similar heels | Bag


I CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT believe that we are in the last few days of August!!! I swear this month passed faster than any month has for my entire life. I know that so many of you are ready for fall, but for me, it is very much STILL SUMMER. However, I know that a lot of you are starting to incorporate transitional pieces into your outfits, so today I'm sharing a semi-fall transitional outfit that's still suited for the summer temperatures while incorporating more autumnal tones (read: black).


This dress
has been a major favorite of mine this summer - I have it in four colors. 😂 It runs large, I'm in an extra small and it still has lots of extra fabric. It has a drawstring tie around the waist which is great to give it some shape. To bring the outfit together, I styled it with the black version of my favorite rattan belt.
 


Heeled ankle strap sandals are some of my most worn shoes in the summertime. The ones I'm wearing are no longer available, but this pair from one of my favorite brands is almost identical.


I hope your weekend was wonderful! I helped my family move my grandmom into a retirement home on Saturday which was bittersweet, but I know it's what's best for her and she'll do well there. Yesterday was a typical lazy Sunday! I was nursing a headache most of the day but made it out to take a ring to the jeweler to be sized, and I also made a TJ Maxx run - I found a couple of really beautiful dresses to wear to work this fall. Other than that I just did some housework and watched The Most Hated Man on the Internet on Netflix. That documentary was so crazy and I can't believe I didn't know anything about that whole situation when it was happening!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST: 


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments