The BEST Black Boots

Full post here
Full post here
Full post here
Full post here
Full post here
Full post here
Full post here
Full post here
Full post here

Happy Mondayyy! Today I'm highlighting one of my most-worn pairs of shoes for the past several years - these black knee high boots form Franco Sarto. I wore my original pair for 4-5 years and they finally bit the dust this past winter, so I repurchased them because I haven't found a pair of black knee high boots that I've loved more. You've seen me wear them a hundred times at this point, so I figured it was time I gave them their own post!

Every woman needs a versatile pair of black knee high boots for fall and winter, and this pair really is the BEST. They're true to size, and comfortable and easy to walk in with the block heel. They have a flattering pointed toe, but it isn't severe so they don't pinch your toes too much.


Aside from wearability, the main selling point about them for me is how slim they are around the calves. They are so sleek and look much dressier than boots with more space in the calves, and they're constructed with a bit of stretch for the perfect fit. Obviously this is a personal preference, but I prefer a slimmer calf and they've proven much harder to find than boots with more spacious calves. Most of the slimmer-calf boots I've been able to find are high-end, and I'm just not someone who would ever drop four figures on a pair of designer boots!

The only downside of these boots for me is that they are faux leather. I always prefer genuine leather when it comes to footwear because it is more durable and typically looks nicer. Based on my experience with these over the course of several years they are nice quality and pretty durable, but I would like them even more if they were real leather! I love these so much that I'm willing to compromise on the material. 


For these being faux leather they are pricey, so I guess you could actually consider that another downside. I would rarely pay over $100 for faux leather shoes, but until I find a pair of leather boots I like as much as these, I'll just have to shell out the money for this pair! They do go on sale though, so check on them around "sale" times (Black Friday, post-Christmas, end of season. etc.)


Price and material aside, the fit and style of these boots really is the best and have made them my favorites for as many years in a row as I can remember! If I've sold you on them, I have them linked from a bunch of retailers at the bottom of the post.


I hope you had a great weekend! Kenny and I had a lazy night on Friday and got takeout and watched The Exorcist, which neither of us had seen (it was meh, haha). On Saturday my mom and I went to our favorite pumpkin patch and got a ton of pumpkins, and then Kenny and I did a couple of hikes - we made it to the viewpoint of the second hike JUST in time for sunset, and it was absolutely surreal. I'm thinking of doing a post sometime soon on the hikes we've done so far, so let me know if that's something that interests you!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments