Winter Wardrobe Staples

Happy Mondayyyy! It feels like we're officially in the final countdown to Christmas, didn't that happen fast?! I pretty much have all of my shopping done, I just have to wrap everything. I LOVE wrapping presents, I find it so therapeutic and relaxing. My parents have taken advantage of that for years and usually have me wrap presents for them too, ha!

Dress | Coat | Boots | Beret | LV Speedy 30 Bandouliere
The older I get, the more I find myself gravitating toward neutral, basic wardrobe staples rather than trendy or flashy things. This outfit is a perfect example of that! Let's start with the dress: I got it from J. Crew Factory a few years ago and it looks like they're still selling it, which is great because I love it. It fits great, is perfect for work, and is warm and cozy while still making you look polished. It runs large, I sized down from my usual small to an extra small. It also runs pretty long, I'm 5'7" and it hits me at about knee length (you can't see but I have it belted in these photos to shorten it a bit). I wear it weekly during the colder months; I love it with a coat over top like I'm wearing it here, and also with a vest or statement scarf.


Next let's talk about these boots: they're some of my favorite shoes I've ever had! They fit absolutely perfectly, and they're super comfortable. They're heeled so they make your legs look gorgeous and long, but they're not so high that they kill your feet. My favorite part about them is that they have a narrow calf circumference (12.25cm vs. the standard 14cm or 15cm plus) so they hug slimmer calves and create a sleek silhouette. The only thing I would change about them would be for them to be real leather. I have pairs of leather boots that I have taken good care of and worn for nine years, so they're definitely a better investment than faux leather boots that have to be replaced more often.

 
Next, this coat: It's a newer purchase of mine, but a classic style. It's not top-notch quality (primarily made up of synthetic materials), but it is 3% wool, so it's good for a more affordable piece. I have a coat from last season from the same brand that I absolutely love, and for the price tag, I think it's a great buy even if it doesn't last forever. It also has a detachable faux fur collar, which is a fun and versatile touch!


I topped the outfit off with this cute beret! Many retailers have offered good quality 100% wool berets for a great price for the past few seasons, my exact one is actually from Charlotte Russe, but I didn't see that they had it again this year. It is a little itchy after you have it on for a while, so if you find wool irritating, I'd recommend looking for a synthetic one.

I hope you have a great week!

xoxx, Laura

No comments