Parking Lot But Make it a Tree Farm

Happy Friday! Can you believe it's only one week til Christmas? I seriously feel like last year's holiday season was like a month ago, yet spring feels like three years ago, so... 

Sweater | Skirt | Boots | Bag | Beret (another here and here)


Today I wanted to share an outfit I recently wore to a tree lot without any intention of buying a tree! You know how it is... I drove by and had to stop for some pics! These trees were expensive too... Like, just as expensive as an artificial tree! I've always preferred real trees, but dang. 


This skirt has been one of my favorites for the holiday season for several years - and they bring it back each year! I love wearing it every Christmas season, it's so festive. It's a great quality wool blend and currently on sale for only $20 with code SHOPSALE! Mine runs large, but I'm not sure if they've since updating the sizing so I recommend referring to the size chart. 


Just smiling in my little beret and slightly hiding from the other tree lot patrons willing the camera shutter sound to go unnoticed. 😂


As a kid, my family always had the tradition of visiting the same tree farm every year and picking and cutting down our own Christmas tree. The past few years though, that farm has been completely cut out of all of their tall trees! Pretty much all of the ones they have now are like 5-6 feet max, and we usually had one around 8", so we've had to look other places! The owner of the farm told us that there's been a Christmas tree shortage the past few years so places are having to ship trees in from elsewhere, so I guess that's why they seem extra expensive lately. 

Beret (others here and here) | Sunglasses | Lipstick "Ruby Woo" (mini version)


Let's talk red lips: I used to feel SO silly wearing red lipstick, I just thought it wasn't for me. While I do still think it's a little harder to wear on lighter skin tones, there's a red out there for everyone! One of the most popular shades of all time is "Ruby Woo" by MAC, which is what I'm wearing in these photos. It comes in a mini version which is what I always go for because I don't wear red lipstick THAT often. 

I also love "Rouge Ultime" by Laura Mercier. Ruby Woo has a drier formula which helps it keep from smudging (which is especially helpful in mask times, hello), but the Rouge Ultime is creamier, which makes it more comfortable. Both have blue undertones, which work well on cool skin tones like mine, and also make your teeth look whiter! 


Something else I used to feel silly in but now LOVE is a beret! I got this wool beret a few years back and it's super inexpensive and cute. If you feel like you can't pull a beret off, try it anyway! I think you'll be surprised. It's such a cute way to top off an dressy outfit! 

I hope you have a fabulous weekend! The weekend before Christmas every year, my family volunteers at our local Elks Lodge to help pack up over 360 boxes of food to deliver to needy families in the area. That's going to look very different this year and I'm not sure how everything is going to go, but we still plan on pulling it off and I'm so glad! It's always humbling to see how happy each of the recipients are when we drop off their boxes, it's my favorite family tradition. 

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

No comments