Dark Academia

Skirt (similar, similar) | Sweater (similar)
Boots (also here) | Bag | Tights



Does my outfit qualify as "dark academia?" MAYBE, but the real dark academia here is the weather and the location: cloudy + university campus. This has been one of my favorite outfits of fall and winter and I'm excited to share it! It's great for the office, but also fun enough to wear out and about. I'm actually wearing a different version of it today as I type this, just with a tan sweater and brown boots. 


The real star of this outfit is this skirt. Mine is sold out currently, but I'm linking several similar ones below! What I love about this skirt is that it's very easy to style. Just pick your favorite color from the pattern and build an outfit around it! When styling patterned pieces like this skirt, it's easy to pull different shades from the piece to totally transform how it appears. This skirt paired with brown pieces instead of black looks almost like a completely different skirt!




The other part of this outfit I want to call out are these boots. They truly are the BEST black knee high boots I've ever worn! I'm on my second pair, and I will continue to repurchase them as long as they make them. I don't have particularly slim calves, but I find that a lot of knee-high boots gape on my calves and create an unflattering slouching effect around the ankles. These boots have a smaller shaft circumference than most knee-high boots I've tried, which makes them appear much more sleek! I always feel confident when I wear them. My only critique is that they're faux leather so they're not as durable as genuine leather boots, but until I find leather boots I like as much as these, I'll let it slide!


I hope you're having a great week! I have recently been informed that we're supposed to get even more snow this Sunday?! Which I'd usually be excited for, but I'm already off of work Monday for MLK Jr. Day, so it's less fun to be snowed in on a day I was already going to be off. 😂 Either way, I'll take it!


xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments