Preppy Capsule Haul (Lots on Sale!)

Happy Monday! I'm not gonna lie, I'm DRAGGING today! I keep waking up two hours early for some reason (sometimes because Roxy is bored and running around, ha), so I definitely need some extra coffee today. I wanted to share some affordable finds I've picked up lately! A lot of this stuff is on major sale right now, and if not, it's already super affordable (hey Target and H&M!)

  1. Tiered eyelet dress: I saw this dress earlier in the season and knew I had to have it. I waited for it to go on sale, and it's currently 69% off! It comes in regular, petite, and tall. It runs a little large since it's a looser-fitting piece. I sized down one and it fits perfectly, still with a bit of extra room. 
  2. Gingham shirt dress: This is another piece I knew I had to have when I saw it! I caught it on major sale, and it's currently on sale for only $20!
  3. Alligator graphic tee: I got this on a total whim in-store, and it's so good. I'm excited to wear it with denim and a bunch of gold jewelry. It's oversized, so an XS fits similarly to a regular men's small tee shirt. I prefer my graphic tees not to be too oversized because I usually tuck them into jeans and skirts so it's perfect for that purpose, but if you usually size up for a roomier fit, still do that. 
  4. Palm cove graphic tee: I got this tee along with the previous one, and I think I like this one even more! I love anything with a palm motif, and I'm looking forward to wearing it on my friend's bachelorette weekend later this summer. 
  5. Striped boatneck shirt: This is a preppy staple, I can't believe I didn't have one sooner! I have one in black and white (featured here) that I love, so I knew I needed a navy and white one too. 
  6. Cardigan: My old off-white cardigan got worn out, so I got this one to replace it! Check for it in-store, because I actually got mine on clearance somehow even though it's full-price online. 
  7. Sam Edelman Bay sandals: I saw these sandals everywhere last year and I was in the market for a new pair of work-appropriate flat black sandals, so I decided to give these a try. I totally get the hype! They're super comfy for having no arch support, and the footbeds are slightly larger than my actual foot, so no need to size up. I find that many flat sandals in my true size are the exact size as my foot so I sometimes consider sizing up, but these fit perfectly. That being said, if you're in between sizes, I'd go with the smaller size. (Also available here.)
  8. Black jean skirt: Over the past few years, I've become a total denim skirt convert. I got this one on a total whim in-store because I liked the longer length and that it had no distressing. I might even be able to pull it off at the office! This one runs super small, I'd recommend sizing up at least one size. 
  9. Boyfriend shorts: I've been on the hunt for the perfect long-ish high waisted denim shorts, and these are a great affordable option (similar to the Levi's 501 long shorts). They have some stretch to them, and they're not distressed in such a way that they'll deteriorate wash after wash like a lot of other distressed denim tends to do. Currently on sale for $25!
  10. Ralph Lauren logo tee: Was this necessary? Absolutely not. But everyone needs a good plain white tee, and for some reason I've been feigning for a classic Ralph Lauren white tee for years! I found mine at T.J. Maxx, so keep an eye out there. 
  11. Lucky Decime sandals: I absolutely love rattan/woven accessories, and these shoes are just too cute (also available here). I got the off-white color and they're so fun for summer. They're a little more beige in person than online, but so cute with casual outfits. They also come in five other color combos! 
  12. Thick gold hoop earrings: I got these in silver several months back and I love them, so I got the gold too. I also found these at T.J. Maxx, so check for them there for a better price!
  13. Pink bow hat: I love my Amazon straw panama hat, so I knew I'd love wearing this hat for a dressier look! The exact one I got is sold out but a similar version is available here.
  14. Puff sleeve top: This top is only $10, and SO cute! I wore it on a date night with a faux leather skirt. 
  15. Le Specs Air Heart sunglasses: I got these in tortoiseshell last summer and love them so much, so I got them in black! You can't beat a classic pair of cat eye sunglasses. 

I hope your week is off to a great start! I'm heading back into the office on Wednesday and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed! I've loved working from home and spending tons of time with Roxy, I'm gonna miss her so much when I go back to my regular schedule!

xoxx, Laura

No comments