June Favorites

Happy July! Is summer flying by already or what?? I know we ALL remember back in March how freaking long THAT lasted... but now time is just flying! Once we hit the Fourth of July, summer always feels like it's on the downhill, which makes me so sad. BUT we still have plenty of summer ahead of us, so that's what I'm looking forward to.

I'm back today to share my June favorites, which still clearly reflects the amount of time I've been spending at home based on the amount of comfy/cozy items and snacks, ha.


  1. Shirt dress: I pretty much haven't shut up about this dress since I got it, including in Monday's post on my five favorite throw-on-and-go dresses. It's just amazing, I couldn't believe the quality for $12! You could pay five times that much for it from somewhere like Nordstrom. It also comes in eyelet and chambray versions, too. 
  2. Opal earrings: I got some earrings like this as a birthday gift several years back, and I just love them. I go through phases of wearing them, usually in the summer, and I haven't taken them off lately! Etsy has a ton of beautiful, inexpensive options in a variety of colors. 
  3. Trader Joe's vegan kale pesto: I'd seen this pesto on countless Trader Joe's favorites lists for years, so I finally decided to pick some up last time I was there. I LOVE basil, but I can usually take or leave pesto because I'm not a fan of pine nuts. This pesto is amazing because it DOESN'T have pine nuts, plus it's vegan (but you'd never know it!) I love adding it to my morning avocado toast. 
  4. Honey mustard & onion pretzel pieces: Kenny go through snack food phases in our house, and we have been SO into these lately. I don't know what it is about the flavor, but it's SO good! Most of the pieces are pretty small, so it's easy to grab a little handful when you're creepin' in the pantry looking for a little something to munch on. 
  5. Cherry Bubly: I'm a big sparkling water lover, and I'm always on the hunt for fun new flavors. This one is so unique! It's nothing like  the black cherry that other brands have, it's almost like a cherry Jolly Rancher. 
  6. Bike shorts: These biker shorts are the real MVPs! I have to admit, I was SO not into the biker shorts trend when it started. But now I'm on board, and these are the only pair I own. They come in a ton of colors (as well as multiple lengths), and they're only around $21 (depending on Amazon price fluctuations). They're super compressing and comfy, I've worn them hiking and they were great, didn't ride up or stretch out. 
  7. Mercer crossbody: You've probably seen me wear this bag in a lot of photos, but it has truly been my quarantine hero; I haven't touched my usual work tote once. Before the pandemic, I typically only used this bag on weekends when I wanted something small and hands-free for running errands or going out to dinner, but it's all I've been using for the past several months. It's small, hands-free, and carries all of your essentials (ahem, mask and hand sanitizer!) It's currently on sale for almost 50% off!
  8. Jergens self tanner: I'm always on the lookout for the next best drugstore self tanner. I tried this one a couple of months ago, and honestly, I didn't love it at first. I used one layer and felt like it didn't make me noticeably tan at all. But I finally figured out how to make it work! I put on one layer in the morning after showering and exfoliating, then another layer at night before bed without showering in between layers. By the morning, I achieve a perfectly bronzed look without looking orange or unrealistically tan (except for my feet... still working on that). I use the deep shade, but it also comes in medium. This is still my second favorite drugstore self tanner to the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze water mousse, but I do appreciate that it comes in a deep shade, which the L'Oreal doesn't! 
  9. Walmart jar candles: These candles are such a bargain! I've been burning the heck out of my candle stash while working from home, so I wanted to stock up on some inexpensive ones that weren't overwhelmingly strong since I typically burn them all day long. These Walmart jar candles are only $4.96 if you buy them in-store, and they have the perfect scent for everyone! My favorite is Garden Rain, which is a fresh, clean laundry sort of scent, but I've also been loving Cozy Gathering. They have a bunch of great fall scents, too! 
  10. Mid-height socks: Kenny encouraged me to wear a pair of his mid-height socks with a pair of sneakers, and I ended up loving the look of them! They add a little something to an athleisure outfit without going full crew-height sock, plus they keep your self tanner from staining your shoes, ha! 
  11. Selling Sunset: I'm kind of picky when it comes to reality TV shows, but I LOVED this one! I'm not the biggest fan of real estate or home renovation shows so I didn't expect to like it, but it had plenty of drama to keep me entertained! It has two seasons so far, and a new one coming in early August. I'm ready! 

Do you have a short work week this week? I have Friday off and I'm so excited, I scheduled a nail appointment and I cannot WAIT! I haven't had my nails done since early February, I'm anxious to get back to my salon and catch up with the owner and his wife. I'm thinking of getting my favorite bright red-orange shade for summer and the Fourth of July. Have a great Wednesday!

xoxx, Laura

No comments