Long Weekend Recap

Happy Monday, I hope you had a great holiday weekend! I thought I'd start the week off with a weekend recap of what I've been up to lately. Those are some of my favorite posts to read from others, and also to look back on myself!

Linked my outfit here
I had Friday off of work, so I scheduled my first nail appointment since February!! My salon just opened in mid-June and I was so glad to be back, I love the owners it and I was so happy to see them again. I got a new polish color, "¡Viva OPI!" (linked it here in case you're interested, the online photo isn't very good, it's SO much more vibrant and beautiful in person!) It's a super bright orange-toned red and it's one of my new summer favorites (along with "A Red-Vival City" and "Cajun Shrimp," both from OPI).

After my nail appointment, I came home and got ready for a vineyard date with a few of my besties. We had reservations at one of our local favorites, Bluestone Vineyard, and had such a good time. We ordered wine flights and packed a MAJOR SPREAD of snacks (including my friend's amazing homemade rosemary sourdough!) and even made the vineyard's Instagram, haha.


Linked my outfit here


After the vineyard, Kenny and I headed over to my parents' house to hang out with them and my brother. My parent's were exhausted from re-staining the deck all day, so I brought along the fixings for the Pioneer Woman's honeydew spritzers. They were so easy and refreshing! I used a little less than one cup of simple syrup in the melon puree, and it was plenty sweet. They're also easy to make virgin (which I did for Kenny) with your choice of sparkling water in place of the sparkling wine. Before we went home we caught an amazing sunset, one of my very favorite parts of summer!


On Saturday, I was up early to make my favorite orzo salad for a cookout that evening. It's a little more labor intensive than your average pasta salad since you have to roast the vegetables ahead of time, but it's SO worth it. I couldn't find orzo in stock ANYWHERE in town, so I ended up using ditalini pasta and I might've liked it even better. It's always a crowd pleaser!

Image via
Around 1:00, Kenny and I met up with our friend Olivia and went to her aunt and uncle's pool. We always have the best time there! And neither of us got burned even though it was 90+ degrees and sunny, score.



After the pool, we stopped by another backyard get-together briefly before going home and getting ready for a cookout in my friend Nancy Carrie's backyard. Growing up, my friends and I always got together at her house on the Fourth of July and then headed downtown. Since we couldn't go all out this year, we were so happy that we were all home and able to have a small cookout together to keep our tradition going. After dinner, we drove to catch some fireworks outside of town. I was so glad we got to see some, I was certain that all of the firework shows would be cancelled this year.


On Sunday, I drug Kenny to Bath & Body Works with me since it's finally open and my candle supply has been running dangerously low. Their semi-annual sale is going on, so I got a bunch of candles for a good deal. They're only letting 13 customers in at a time, which is super nice because you're never close to anyone and have plenty of space to shop. Once we got done running around, we headed back to my parents' house and my brother was over as well. Kenny and I ended up going with my brother to get a new motorcycle seat he found on Facebook marketplace.

At dinnertime, Kenny ordered a pizza from our favorite local place and we headed home. We ended up binging the new season of Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix and it was CRAZY. The first episode in particular really got me, but the one about he UFO's was pretty hokey in my opinion, haha. Overall I highly recommend the show though, I LOVE true crime shows like that, and the "unsolved" aspect makes it even more intriguing.

I hope you have a great week, I'll catch you back here soon!

xoxx, Laura

No comments