What I've Been Cooking Lately (Vegan & Vegetarian Dinner Inspo)

Happy Wednesday! Have you in a recipe funk lately? I definitely have been. I love to cook and I usually cook dinner for Kenny and myself six nights out of the week, but sometimes our favorite recipes just feel tired and I'm ready to make something new! Today I'm sharing what I've been making for dinner lately, in case you're in need of some new recipe inspiration. Everything I'm sharing is vegetarian or vegan, or can be easily adapted to be. I include all of my additions and substitutions (if any) in each of the descriptions.

P.S. For even MORE vegan/vegetarian dinner inspiration, check out this similar post from a few months back!
Sincerely Katerina
I
f you're not following her on Instagram, you're missing out!
Mexican tater tot casserole: This casserole was SO easy and good! I prepared it pretty much as written, except I used regular tater tots rather than the veggie tots it calls for, a whole 10oz bag of frozen vegan ground beef, and added a diced bell pepper and half a diced red onion to the casserole mix. I served it with diced avocado over top and it was delish!

Skinny Ms.
Zucchini Ravioli: To be honest, I didn't have the highest expectations for this recipe, but it ended up being SO good! I added a handful of shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan to the filling mixture and topped the ravioli with a handful of each as well, and it was delicious! Even Kenny loved it. I just used a vegetable peeler to thinly slice the zucchini and it was really easy, it didn't take as many zucchini as the recipe calls for and ended up making 10 ravioli. I highly recommend trying this one (and adding cheese, definitely not vegan but so worth it).

 Just What We Eat
Black bean enchilada bake: This recipe was another major winner! I added cumin and a sprinkle of cayenne for some extra seasoning, along with a handful of Mexican blend shredded cheese. I served it topped with diced avocado with chips and it was so yummy and filling. It would be a great dish to serve at a party with chips, or if you're bringing someone a meal.

It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken

Baked tofu bites in salad: These tofu bites can be used pretty much however you want, I added them to a big salad for extra protein and texture. They'd be great in a wrap or with buffalo sauce, too!

Julia's Album
Thai zucchini noodles: It's peak zucchini season right now, and I had bought a ton of them from a local farmers market a couple weeks ago. This recipe is a great, unique way to use your zucchini if you have a bunch of it! I LOVE Asian and Asian-inspired noodle recipes, I used brown rice noodles in this recipe in place of regular fettuccine, and swapped the chicken stock for veggie broth to make it vegan.

Our Happy Mess

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers: I used to hate stuffed peppers for some reason, but I've grown to really like them! The filling of these is such a yummy mixture with plenty of protein and veggies. Plus, bell peppers are in season right now, so you can easily find inexpensive, locally grown ones to support your local farmers!

Image via Target
Doctored up store-bought pasta sauce: This is such an easy, inexpensive way to get dinner ready, and you can just use whatever you have on hand. My favorite way to doctor up store-bought pasta sauce is to saute finely diced onion and garlic, add the sauce along with your favorite herbs (dried or fresh, fresh basil takes it over the top!) and finishing it by melting in some freshly grated parmesan or nutritional yeast and serving it over pasta or sauteed zucchini (easier and faster than making zoodles, plus you don't have to have any special equipment). I also like to add vegan sausage.
Image via Buzzfeed
Veggie burgers: Store-bought veggie burgers are another great easy dinner idea (Trader Joe's has a bunch of great options). I like serving them with vegan cheese melted on top, mashed avocado, garlic powder, salt, pepper, sriracha, and a side salad.

I hope you got some yummy dinner inspiration, let me know if you have any recipes you've been loving lately! I'm always looking for keepers to add to my rotation.

xoxx, Laura

No comments