Trend Spotlight: Rattan Accessories

Happy summer! I know it's not *officially* summer yet, but everyone knows that Memorial Day weekend is the beginning of summer in the hearts of Americans, so HAPPY SUMMER.

Rattan (or wicker, or raffia, or straw) is one of my favorite textures for spring and summer accessories. It's classic, neutral, and gives a tropical, beachy vibe to warm-weather outfits. Last summer, I posted about rattan sandals, rattan earrings, and my favorite straw hat, and today I'm compiling all of my very favorite rattan accessories for summertime.


  1. Blazer: Okay, this technically isn't rattan, but it has a similar texture and is such a unique piece to throw over an all-white outfit. I'd even pair it with wicker shoes or a bag. 
  2. Crossbody: I love the picnic basket feel this bag has, PLUS it probably has enough space for a mini bottle of champagne and some cheese. That's the only picnic I need! 
  3. Headband: I pretty much haven't shut up about how much I love knotted headbands over the past several months, and I LOVE this one. So much fun to add to top off a simple outfit. This one is under $5 including shipping! 
  4. Visor: How girly and cute?! I can just imagine wearing this to an outdoor tea party. It's currently on sale for $17.
  5. Clutch: I got one of these cute little clutches last summer for a DIY project that I intended on making a post about but never did, so I'm thinking about doing it this year! It's a great little accessory to bring to an outside dinner or even a quick trip to the store. 
  6. Earrings: Rattan earrings are SO cute, I absolutely love these (especially for $8)! I got a pair last year that was woven really tightly and was a little too big for my taste, but I love that these are more open so they don't have such an overpowering silhouette. 
  7. ASOS slides: Sandals are one of my favorite ways to wear rattan. I love these little slides for lounging by the pool! 
  8. Tote bag (color #01): This might be my most-worn summer accessory! I got it for a cruise a couple of years ago not expecting much, but it's great quality, a great size, and SO pretty. I would absolutely repurchase it! It's lined with a drawstring bag so you can "close" it. I like styling it with a silk scarf tied around the handle. 
  9. Belt: Thick, woven belts are very on trend this spring and summer. I love them to define the waist of a flowy maxi dress. This one comes in a tortoiseshell buckle option that I love, too. 
  10. Panama hat: I wanted a hat like this for YEARS, but didn't think I'd get much wear out of it. Last year, I found this one and figured it was affordable enough that if I didn't wear it that much, it wouldn't be much of a loss. It turned out to be one of my FAVORITE accessories, especially for vacations. I wore it all summer and brought it on my bachelorette weekend and honeymoon. Plus it has UPF 50, so it protects your face from the sun. 
  11. Lucky slides: Double strap slides are one of my favorite style of sandal. This pair has great reviews and comes in six colors. I also love this similar Steve Madden pair, on sale for $40! 
  12. Steven H slides: These are my favorite woven slides (on sale for 40% off right now)! I got them last summer and they're so cute for vacations. They're not uncomfortable, but don't have any arch support, so keep that in mind. They're also available on sale for $20 off here

I hope you're having a great week so far! I think that the warm temperatures are FINALLY settling in for summer in Virginia, and I'm so excited! Summer is my very favorite season, I feel like my soul is returning to its home every time summer rolls around.

xoxx, Laura

No comments