Toile Me About It


Happy Fridayyy! Today I'm so excited to be sharing some photos that I took a while back with my amazingly talented friend, Alyssa Faith Photography! We took a bunch of photos downtown, and I just love how they turned out. 

Toile skirt (similar, similar, similar) | Tank (comes in seven colors)
Wedges (similar pairs here, here, here, and here) | Bag | Sunglasses (also available here)


Today I'm featuring a darling little skirt in one of my favorite prints: toile! Some people call it a "grandma" or "curtain" print, but I absolutely love it! I think it's so fun and classic at the same time. The exact skirt I'm wearing is from H&M and sold out (you know how it is with H&M stock) but it's still available in plain white.


Good toile pieces are kind of hard to find, especially at an affordable price point. Luckily, I found a few good toile skirt options available right now! This one is flirty and on-trend with the smocked waist, and on sale for 40% off! This one has a pretty button front detail and is on sale, plus it has a top that matches if you want to complete the set! This one isn't a "true" toile, but the blue floral print on white gives it that vibe, and I LOVE the ruffle hem. On sale for $34!



This top (blouse? "Blouse" sounds so old lady 😂) is SO GOOD, currently on sale for $16, and comes in seven colors. It's such a great workwear piece, and perfect for tucking into skirts and pants. I'm wearing the 0 and it fits perfectly; I find that J.Crew pieces often run large but they're pretty true to the size charts. 



Did you catch my post from last Friday? I rounded up all of my favorite affordable sunglasses, including these classic tortoiseshell cat eye frames (also available here). I think that cat eye sunglasses look great on almost everyone, and they'll always be in style, especially this pair.



Friendly reminder about the best straw bag ever - this $34 one from Amazon. I cannot sing this bag's praises enough! It's durable, lightweight, fabric-lined, and has a drawstring closure. I've put this bag through hell for the past few years and it has held up beautifully. If it ever gave out on me, I'd repurchase it in a heartbeat.


I hope you have a fabulous weekend! Kenny's headed home to his mom's house for the weekend, so it'll just be me and Roxy holding down the fort. One of my best friends is coming into town for the weekend, so I'm super excited to spend some time with her, and I know Kenny will miss seeing her! 

xoxx, Laura 

No comments