May Favorites


Happy June, and happy May favorites! I usually try to make my monthly favorites posts a list of 10 things plus the shows I've been watching, but I just couldn't narrow this month's favorites down to 10 items! Several of these things are repeats from Friday's post, but they're things I've been majorly loving lately so I just had to include them in this post too. 

    1. Black straw hat: I love a good sun hat, and I thought that a black one would be a chic addition to my summer wardrobe. This one is under $25 and comes in three other colors. I've been styling it with black sundresses and love it so far!
    2. 28oz Simple Modern cup: My friend got this cup for me as a bridesmaid gift last summer and I hadn't started using it a ton up until recently, but I've been using it every single day for the past several weeks! I used to always use a Yeti tumbler, but I appreciate that the capacity of this cup is a little more than my 20oz Yeti, this one doesn't leak or spill, and I feel like it keeps iced drinks colder even longer than my Yetis, which is a bold statement!
    3. Clean Reserve Solar Bloom: This is my newest favorite summer fragrance! It's a warm floral with notes of bergamot, orange blossom, and coconut water, and it's simply the perfect warm-weather fragrance. It's warm and coconutty but not heavy or sweet.
    4. Barebells protein bars: I go through phases where I eat a ton of protein bars, and after trying these I am back in one of those phases! The first flavor I tried was the plant-based hazelnut and nougat which I think is my favorite, but I also really love the chocolate dough (Kenny's favorite) and caramel cashew flavors. These have a good protein-to-calories ratio in my opinion, and the plant-based ones are quite good - I find a lot of other brands of plant-based protein bars are chalky and barely edible.
    5. Inkjoy pens: I have a new favorite pen in my life, haha! I'm not someone who's very picky about pens, pretty much any cheap ballpoint pen will do it for me, but I used one of these at a restaurant to sign my check and had to pick some up for myself. I don't really like gel pens in most cases, but these write really nicely and the ink is super crisp and pigmented.
    6. Half Baked Harvest cookbook: Tieghan Gerard is my current favorite recipe blogger, so when I saw her newest cookbook at the store I had to take it home with me. Her recipes are flavorful, unique, and easy, and her photography is just beautiful. 
    7. Paperclip necklace: I've been looking for a paperclip chain for layering that's a good length and doesn't look cheap, and this one is just what I was looking for! My favorite part about it is that the clasp is disguised as one of the links, so it's seamless. 
    8. Moon and star ring: This is my latest purchase from my favorite Etsy jewelry shop (read about my other favorites in this post), and I've been wearing it ever since it came in! It's fun and different from my usual everyday rings. It also comes in a larger version!
    9. Self-tan drops: My friend put me on to these self-tan drops and I've been loving them. They're so much easier than using a mousse tanner, and I prefer them to gradual tanning lotion. You just mix them into your favorite lotion, adding as many drops as you want to obtain your desired depth of tan. It comes in three shades and you're supposed to use the shade that is closest to your natural skin tone rather than your desired tan depth, so I started using the light shade originally but I've been mixing it with the medium shade for the past week or so and that's working well.
    10. Linen-blend dress: I've talked about this dress about a million times on the blog at this point, but it is so good! Comfy, easy, and flattering. It's generously sized - have it in an extra small and still has quite a relaxed fit. See me style it here!
    11. Sweatshorts: I wear lounge shorts like these constantly in the summertime! I have a few pairs from the same retailer from last year that are no longer available, so I got a few new pairs to try and these were my favorites. They're oversized and super comfortable, I went with my usual size small but could've done an extra small and they would've still been oversized.
    12. Watching: Lots of good stuff to watch this month! On HBO Max, Kenny and I have been loving Barry and the new season of Hacks. I've also been watching The Staircase which is particularly interesting after seeing the documentary about that case that came out a few years ago. On Hulu I really enjoyed The Dropout, and I've been loving Kardashians as expected! Kenny and I have been watching the latest season of Love Island Australia, and we also enjoyed The Valet, which is a fun, lighthearted rom-com.


I hope you had a great long weekend! Kenny and I had a lot of fun over the weekend - Friday we watched The Valet on Hulu which was cute, and I tried this pad see ew recipe which was super good. On Saturday, we took a day trip to Charlottesville to shop and walk around and we got dinner at our favorite restaurant there. On Sunday, we met a couple of friends at a drive-in theater to watch the new Top Gun movie which which made it really feel like summer! On Monday, Kenny and I did a bunch of housework for the first part of the day, then I sat outside and read my book. In the evening, we headed over to my parents' house for dinner which was the perfect way to round out the weekend. We ended the night with a walk!

I hope your June is off to a great start! I have a busy month ahead, and I'm excited for everything that's coming up!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments