10 Favorite "Everyday" Candles

Image via

Candles! You know I love them. Summer isn't my favorite season when it comes to candles - too many sweet, fruity scents when I'm more into fresh or homey scents. Lately, I've been going back to my favorite "everyday" candles, and today I'm sharing my 10 go-tos! These are all affordable - bougie candles are AMAZING but I simply cannot justify spending money on something that you literally burn away... Every expensive candle I've ever acquired I've hoarded and never burned. 😂 There are my favorite affordable options that do the trick!

Sparkling bergamot, pristine blue waters, sugared citrus

Bergamot Waters: This is my top go-to "neutral" candle! It fills your space, but the fragrance is still light. The smell reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfume - fresh and slightly citrusy. This one looks like it's sold out online right now, but it's a mainstay in their collection so I'm sure it will be back in new packaging soon!

Palo Santo wood, warm amber, soft musk

Palo Santo (also here): This is such a lovely, light, woodsy scent! It's a great everyday candle because it's homey and cozy but smells upscale. The fragrance fills the room but it's not overwhelming whatsoever. They have this fragrance available pretty much year round, and I'm glad because I'm always restocking.

Fresh eucalyptus, sweet spearmint, lemon zest, clary sage

Eucalyptus Mint (also here, here): This one smells very fresh and spa-like - you'll love it if you're into eucalyptus scents. This one is very strong - my friend had it burning at her baby shower recently and one three-wick candle easily filled a relatively large event space. I'm not sure what the difference between Eucalyptus Mint and Eucalyptus Spearmint is so I linked them both above - they smell pretty much the same to me and I love them both.

Tropical hibiscus, sweet peach nectar, fresh waterfall mist

Hibiscus Waterfalls (also here): This candle is only out during summertime but I always make sure to stock up for the year - it is so lovely and fresh! It's hard to describe - I wouldn't call it floral, but there's something floral to it. Overall it's just a very fresh, uplifting fragrance.

Coastal waves, sparkling bergamot, sun-drenched musk

Turquoise Waters:  This is my favorite candle to burn when I'm having a big cleaning day - it smells like fresh laundry. It's only available in the summertime and is currently sold out online, but they may release it in new packaging later in the season.

Soft rose petals, rain-kissed English ivy, lemon blossom, soft spring musk

Rose Water & Ivy: If you're a fan of rose fragrances, then you'll love this candle. The scent is rose-based, and enhanced by the ivy, lemon blossom, and soft musk notes. This one is really romantic and cozy!

Lavender blossom, creamy vanilla, white woods, sugared musk

Lavender Vanilla: This is a cozy, relaxing scent perfect for burning on a chill night in. The lavender is the most prominent note, complemented by the vanilla without making it smell sweet. I prefer this one in a 3-wick but it's currently out of stock - the single wick version is perfect for your bedroom, though! Another lavender-based favorite of mine is Lavender Cedarwood - I wish they'd release that one in a 3-wick, too!

Bergamot, lemon, florals

Crystal Flora: This is a great light and fresh floral scent. If you're not into florals I think you would still like this one because it's mostly just fresh and invigorating, with floral notes taking a backseat.

Cranberry, patchouli

Cranberry Patchouli: This is my very favorite Target candle! It reminds me of my ALL TIME FAVORITE candle, Wine Cellar from Bath & Body Works, which they haven't put out in years. The cranberry note gives it a fruity sweetness, balanced by the earthiness of the patchouli. Perfection!

Sea salt, woods

Driftwood & Sea Salt: This is a great fresh and clean candle to burn - it has a similar vibe to Turquoise Waters. It's not too strong, so it's good for smaller spaces and instances when you want a lighter scent.

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty good! On Friday, my mom and I got a pedicure together and then we spent a lot of time over the weekend visiting my grandmom in the hospital - she's okay, but I hate seeing her cooped up in there! On Saturday morning, Kenny went on a hike with his friend and I mostly stayed around the house and made a grapefruit loaf cake, which was yummy! On Saturday night Kenny and I had plans with my parents that fell through, so we Kenny suggested heading out to one of our favorite spots for a drink and then trying a new burger spot for dinner. It was so cute and we had so much fun! Yesterday, we spent a good part of the day cleaning and organizing and getting ready for the week. We've been pet sitting for our neighbor's kitties so we played with them, and we also finally started the new season of Stranger Things! People are right - this season is scarier than the past ones! 


I hope you have a great week, we have the holiday weekend in sight!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments