8 Favorite Summer Fragrances


Tomorrow is the official start to summer (yay!) so today I'm sharing my favorite summer fragrances. I brought all of these on my beach trip last week because I just couldn't narrow down my picks. 😂 I've mentioned all of these on the blog before - some of them are new to this season's lineup, and some are discontinued favorites that I was still able to find!

  1. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Azur: This is one of the most unique fragrances I own - I got this on a recommendation from my friend Ewa and wasn't fully sold on it when I first tried it, but after wearing it over the past couple of summers I'm fully obsessed. I had never tried a neroli-based scent before this one, but it made me understand why there are so many die-hard neroli fans in the fragrance lover community.  It's definitely a summery scent, but not in the beachy, coconutty way you'd typically expect. It's heavy on the neroli, and brightened up a bit by all of the citrusy notes. I wouldn't call it heavy, but I also wouldn't necessarily call it fresh. It smells sexy like a beach vacation at an expensive resort, but not sweet or warm. This one is hard to find, but still seems to be available at UK retailers like Harrods and Selfridges.
  2. Ellis Brooklyn Fawn: This fragrance is coconutty in a grown up way, I can imagine wearing it to a beach resort. You get the warm and sexy coconut right away, followed by neroli and bergamot notes that add a level of sophistication that is still light enough for daytime wear. Perfect for summer - I definitely recommend trying this one if you like coconut fragrances.
  3. Replica Sailing Day: If you love fresh daytime fragrances, this one is for you - it's extremely crisp and invigorating, it reminds me of a brisk sea breeze. It's a unisex fragrance and definitely leans masculine, but I still feel more than comfortable wearing it.
  4. Nest Ocean Mist & Coconut Water: This fragrance is comprised of  coconut absolue, tropical tiare blossom, white cedarwood, and a fresh ocean mist accord. I feel that all of the notes are represented equally in the dry down - it's definitely coconutty, but not primarily so. To me, the floral, cedarwood, and ocean mist elements are just as prominent. It's definitely leans warm, but not overwhelmingly so because of the aquatic notes included. It's a body mist rather than a perfume, but it's surprisingly long-lasting
  5. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic: This fragrance is so fresh and energizing. It's the only true citrus fragrance I own, and I absolutely love it. I know there are a lot of fans of the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Orange Soleia out there, but I prefer this one - the basilic note gives it a little something extra. I like layering this one with Replica Sailing Day!
  6. Clean Reserve Solar Bloom: This solar floral is so perfect for summer - it smells like if there was a garden on the beach on the hottest, golden evening of summer. It's a warm floral with notes of bergamot, orange blossom, and coconut water, and it's simply the perfect warm-weather fragrance. It's warm and coconutty but not heavy or sweet.
  7. Philosophy Pure Grace Endless Summer: This is the absolute perfect fresh, citrusy fragrance. I get notes of grapefruit or pomelo, and it is light and yummy but not sweet. It was limited edition a few summers ago, but I was able to find it still in stock so I need to buy a backup bottle!
  8. Clean Classic Warm Cotton:  The notes in this fragrance include mandarin and amber, but it just smells like fresh, clean laundry! This one is fresh and quite strong, you only need a couple of spritzes and you'll smell super fresh and clean. I like wearing this scent on low-key days where I'm fresh out of the shower, wearing something comfy and hanging out or running errands.


I hope you had a great weekend, and happy almost summer! If you've been around here for a while, then you know that the first day of summer is my FAVORITE day of the year! Every year, my mom and I pack up some wine and cheese and make my dad drive us up to the mountains to watch the sunset to kick off the season. My dad always acts like he doesn't want to come, but he always has a good time. 😂 I'm so excited to do it again this year!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments