April Favorites



We made it to Mayyy AKA the home stretch to summer! I'm so excited to start having hot weather and sunshine! I have a lot of favorites from April to share with you, so let's get into 'em!

    1. Sunscreens: I've been very into trying new face sunscreens over the past couple of years (sun damage is the #1 cause of skin aging!), and I found some great new ones this month. The first one is this SPF 50 from Coola - it's lightweight and absorbs quickly, but is still moisturizing (I have oily skin but it's relatively mild). I also got this Sun Safety Kit from Sephora which is a GREAT value - for $39 you get two full-sized sunscreens and 13 mini ones. It's awesome for trying a bunch of different sunscreens to find your favorite, and they're perfect to throw into your bag for all of your summer trips. All of the ones I got expire in late 2023 at the earliest, so I'll be able to continue testing them for well over a year if they last me that long. 
    2. Pearl statement earrings: These pearl drop earrings are a beautiful accent for a dressier outfit - they're classic and neutral, but still make a statement. I styled them in this post a couple of weeks ago. They're a little but heavy, but not as heavy as they look and nothing unbearable. They're glass rather than real pearls, but you'd never know the difference!
    3. Mules: I have been needing these in my life! They're Amazon dupes for the Gucci Princetown mules (at only 16% of the price of the real deal), and they're amazing for spring weather when you don't want to wear boots but it's not warm enough for sandals. I've been wearing them to the office and they're perfect - real leather, true to size, and comfortable. I wasn't sure which size I should get because some reviews say they run small and some say huge, but my usual size 9 is perfect. I know some people size up in mules, but I wouldn't say that's necessary for these - they fit great with just enough room at the heel.
    4. Scotch & Soda sweatshirt: I saw this sweatshirt at a Scotch & Soda boutique in Charleston last spring, and it's one of those pieces that just spoke to me (I LOVE anything nautical/beach/ocean related)! I didn't get it because it was $100, but I regretted it because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I stalked all of the sites that I knew stocked the brand trying to find it until finally coming across it at Nordstrom Rack a few weeks ago for 50% off! I was so excited and now my soul feels complete. 😂
    5. Fragrances: Lots of fragrances to love this month! I took stock of my perfume collection ahead of the Sephora sale last month, and repurchased Replica Sailing Day and Autumn Vibes. They're very different scents - Sailing Day is crisp, fresh, and invigorating, while Autumn Vibes is earthy, woody, and deep. I also got a free sample of Burberry Hero cologne and I LOVE it - a lot of colognes start to smell the same to me, but this one is unique and very wearable. I'll definitely be getting Kenny a bottle for the next "gift" holiday!
    6. Kate Spade Knott bag: I've been wearing this bag a ton this spring (as I'm sure you've seen in recent outfit post!) I cannot recommend it enough! It's simple, classic, high quality, and the perfect size. I have the color "raw pecan," but it comes in a bunch of colors.
    7. Raffia belt: If you've been around here long, then you know I'm a sucker for a raffia accessory! Woven belts like this have become an absolute staple for me over the past couple of seasons. I love a dress with a cinched-in waist, so it's so nice to be able to add a belt like this and elevate a breezy, non-waisted dress, or to replace the tie belt that a dress comes with.
    8. Oat latte creamer: When it comes to non-dairy coffee creamers, I like ones that are oat milk based, and ones that are sweetened but not flavored. This one is both! I also appreciate that it isn't in a massive container because I don't use creamer super often and I usually end up wasting a lot when it comes in big jugs.
    9. Ulta Luxe Lipstick: These have quickly become some of my favorite affordable lipsticks! In case you missed it, I did a full review on them here. My favorite shades are "Mischievous" and "More Mauve."
    10. Cat tree: If you have a cat and don't have a cat tree, GET ONE! Kenny decided that Roxy needed a cat tree, and I was down for her to have one but I didn't really want that ugly thing in my living room. 😂 BUT after seeing how much she LOVES it, I wish we had gotten one sooner! I can't find the exact one we got online, but the one I linked is similar and about the same height. It warms my heart to see how much Roxy loves climbing and hanging out in her tree, plus she scratches on it too so she rarely scratches furniture anymore!
    11. Cold brew tea: I starting making cold brew tea after seeing Things I Bought and Liked on Instagram say she had been doing it, and it's been such a treat. I just take a glass, pop in a tea bag, fill it with tap water, and stick it in the fridge overnight. By morning, you have a perfectly brewed glass of iced tea! I transfer it to a larger insulated cup and add ice. My favorite teas to use have been Teavana Jade Citrus Mint and Tazo Zen, but you can use any tea you like.
    12. Shows: Lots of trash TV made my favorite shows list this month. 😂 I blew through The Ultimatum on Netflix and loved every messy second of it. I also watched the newest season of Selling Sunset, and while it wasn't my favorite season, I still enjoyed it. I've watched the first three episodes of The Kardashians on Hulu and I'm so glad the show is "back" even thought it's technically different than KUWTK - I'm a huge fan of the Kardashians. Lastly, Kenny and I just finished the first season of Barry on HBO max and we're loving it! Plus I have a total crush on Bill Hader. 😂


I hope you had a great weekend, and HAPPY MAY! Summer will be here before we know it!


xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments