Ulta Luxe Lipsticks Review & Try On

I recently picked up a few of the Ulta Luxe Liptsicks on a whim, and I've been really pleased with them! I thought I'd share a review of the three shades I've tried because I haven't seen anyone talk about them before.



When it comes to drugstore lipstick I'm pretty loyal to Maybelline (which you'll know if you saw my favorite drugstore lipsticks post!), but the reason I ended up looking into these is that one of my beloved lip shades (Bite Beauty lip crayon in "Glace") seems to have been discontinued and I was looking for a dupe. ALL of the shades I was hoping to check out were sold out at my local Ulta, so I decided to swatch some of the Ulta brand shades and I was pleasantly surprised. I was able to find a dupe for the Bite Beauty shade, and I picked up a couple of other shades as well! The three shades are swatched above, and I have pictures of each of them on below.


Social Status
(332): This shade is a neutral pinky nude, and very much one of those "your lips but better" shades. I've mentioned in the past that I have a lot of trouble with nude lipstick shades showing up orange on my skin tone, and this one does not do that! I love this one topped with one of my favorite glosses (try this one in "Celeste" or this one in "Magic Spell"). My critique of this shade in particular is that the coverage could be better. It has more of a matte finish than the other two shades I've tried, and find it breaking up on the lips if it's not applied perfectly, but adding a gloss on top helps.

Outfit linked here

Mischievous (313):  It's hard to choose, but I think this is my favorite shade of these three! It's a dusty rose and a really great everyday shade. All of the Ulta Luxe Lipsticks are described as a satin formula, but this one is definitely more on the matte side.



"Mischievous" is the shade that ended up being a great alternative for Bite Beauty's "Glace." "Mischievous" the tiniest touch lighter and more rosy than "Glace," but on the lips they're identical!

Outfit linked here

More Mauve (371): Now that I'm looking at this shade, THIS ONE might be my favorite! "More Mauve" is a cool, mauvey deep pink, and perfect for my girls with cool-toned skin. It's in the realm of a nude, but the mauve tones give it a little extra depth. It reminds me somewhat of one of my favorite discontinued lipstick shades, "Sex on the Peach" from Too Faced. This one has a true satin formula that's easy to apply and comfortable to wear, but I'd give the longevity about a C+ compared to a matte lipstick.

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments