What to Wear to a Fall Wedding


Traditionally, summertime has been known as "wedding season," but I think that fall is becoming the new wedding season! Kenny and I got married in October, as did many of my friends. I know from experience that (in Virginia, at least) business really starts to pick up for wedding vendors in October - I had a consultation with a florist who told me that she had already had seven inquiries for my wedding date!

With all the fall weddings coming up, we need something to wear! The fall color palette is my favorite to wear (hello burgundy), so I really enjoy shopping for things to wear for fall. Today I'm sharing a bunch of beautiful fall wedding guest dress options, and as a bonus, they're all under $100!


If I had to pick one dress from this collection, I would absolutely wear this one. I LOVE the burgundy shade (also comes in black, navy, and emerald), and the silhouette is so classic and elegant. This dress in black was actually a contender to be my bridesmaid dress, but my bridesmaids ended up picking this one (see them here!), which would also make a beautiful wedding guest dress! 


This dress from Amazon makes a great affordable wedding guest dress option - it comes in 35 colors and it such a beautiful style. It looks almost just like one of the dresses I wore for engagement photos and my rehearsal dinner! Plus, it's easy to style for cooler weather with a blazer or cashmere wrap.


Satin dresses are really having their moment recently. I was in a wedding a couple of months ago where we wore satin bridesmaid dresses, and they were so beautiful! This one reminds me of the style that one of the bridesmaids wore, it's so unique and pretty (this one is super similar). A cowl neck slip dress has become a go-to wedding guest dress style - this one has great reviews, and comes in six colors! 


I'm usually a "more is more" person when it comes to dressing, especially for special events, but if you're looking for something a bit more casual, I love this Swiss dot ruffle midi that comes in two beautiful fall shades. This dusty blue wrap mini is gorgeous too, and you could easily wear it into spring! 


Wishing all the fall brides out there beautiful weather for their weddings! While summer is my favorite month, I think that fall is the BEST month to get married! But as an October bride, maybe I'm biased...

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments