Fall Favorite: Floral Midi Dresses


Long sleeved floral midi dresses are probably my favorite fall transitional piece. I'm wearing one as I type this! They're lightweight and breezy for when it's still a little warm outside, but also easy to layer with. Plus, who doesn't love a fall floral?? Fall tones are my favorite to wear (helloooo jewel tones), and I found a bunch of beautiful fall floral midis to share today!


One of my favorite ways to style a dress for fall (even if it doesn't have long sleeves) is to layer a sweater over top of it. I will usually put any old belt around my waist and fasten it a little loose, then tuck the hem of the sweater up into the belt to make it appear like I have a sweater tucked into a skirt. It's a really great way to add versatility to a dress! I have another post coming soon showing how I style it that way.

My favorite dresses from this entire roundup are this one and this one, both under $35 from Target. They're both a little frumpy, but I have to admit, that's kind of my style this time of year! They'd both look great belted and paired with a knee-high pair of sleek heeled boots (this pair is my favorite). 


I also love this option from J.Crew that you could also wear all spring and summer with some sandals. The square neck and slight puff sleeves are some of my favorite features in a dress lately. This super billowy Free People one is also on my wishlist! I've seen people style it with a moto jacket and a flat brim hat and I love that look.


I hope your fall is off to a great start! I think that I have fully mourned the end of summer and am ready to embrace the new season. They weather is getting cooler, I have all kinds of fall recipes I'm excited to make, and I have all of my fall candles burning!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments