August Favorites


I refuse to believe that August is over, but nevertheless, here we are... I'll spare you my summer-is-ending resentment and get straight into my August favorites!

    1. Zardetto prosecco: This has taken the prize for my favorite prosecco! I had it at a wine bar that Kenny and I went to at the beach last fall, and I finally found it at a grocery store near me a couple of months ago. I saved it to drink on my birthday hoping it would be as good to me as it was last year, and it was! It's very refreshing, light, and smooth, without much of that sweet, appley flavor that a lot of proseccos have.
    2. Clear Mind Brew Dr. Kombucha: I grabbed a bunch of different flavors of Brew Dr. kombucha recently because I had never tried the brand before, and if you're a kombucha lover, then you'll probably like all of them! Most of them were pretty standard in my opinion, with the exception of the Clear Mind flavor - it is super unique and yummy! It's flavored with rosemary, mint, sage, and green tea, so it's super herbaceous and refreshing. I definitely recommend trying it if you're a kombucha fan!
    3. Pavé hoop earrings: I wanted these hoop earrings for a few years, and finally got a pair in the Nordstrom anniversary sale last year and I loved them! WELL, they redesigned them slightly this year to make them look even nicer, so I had to get the updated version. Before, the pavé stones looked like they were basically glued into little holes in the hoops to secure them. This year, the stones are secured with actual prongs, which makes the earrings look even nicer. I love that the stones are both on the front of the hoops, as well as in the inside of them. They're a larger hoop than I usually wear, but super thin and dainty so they add a nice accent to any outfit, especially contrasted against my brown hair. 
    4. Brixton Joanna hat: After falling in love with panama hats a few years ago, I've been wanting this hat, and I finally ordered one this year. I like the style with the tan ribbon rather than the black that's been popular in previous years. I guessed on size and got the small and it fits really well, but I feel like I could've gone with the XS since there's only a half inch difference in the circumference between the two. I appreciate that it comes in different sizes because hats are definitely not one-size-fits-all!
    5. Spiced cardamom candle: I got this candle along with a bunch of other fall candles from Bath & Body Works (review forthcoming) and I've been burning it a lot lately, and it's really lovely! The notes are cinnamon spiced cardamom, dark cedarwood, and pinch of nutmeg, and I feel like each note is equally represented. While this is a warm and cozy scent that lends itself to fall, I'm not sure if it's categorized as a fall candle. It would make a good year-round cozy home scent in my opinion, and I like that the jar is neutral and understated.
    6. Bravazzi hard Italian soda: My friend had this at a wedding and recommended it because she said the grapefruit flavor tastes like Fresca, and it is SO good! It's unlike any other canned alcohol I've ever tried, it's super unique and yummy. My favorite flavor is blood orange, it tastes like an orange popsicle!
    7. Collared sweatshirt: I ordered this sweatshirt in green, and immediately ordered another in white when I got it! It's oversized and super comfortable, I sized down and it's still roomy. Plus, it's a great dupe for the Sloppy Joe collared sweatshirts that are expensive and always out of stock.
    8. Olive brine: If you're a dirty martini lover, you know that there's never a jar of olives with the correct olives-to-brine ratio! I present to you: bottled olive brine. You can make your martinis as dirty as you want without fear of leaving your olives high and dry! There are a bunch of different brands of olive brine - this is the only one I've tried, but I'm interested in trying others once I finish this one up!
    9. Plant-based tzatziki: I love having this at my office to dip my veggies in at lunch! I have hummus a lot, so it's nice to have this to mix things up, and I appreciate that it's plant-based. You definitely don't miss the dairy! It would be delicious on a wrap, too.
    10. Chimi 008 sunglasses: I've been wearing these sunglasses a lot this summer (styled here) and I am so impressed with the quality! They're heavy and sturdy, and come with a hard case, a soft drawstring case, and a cleaning cloth. I've owned a pair of Celine sunglasses for years, and these are the only non-luxury pair I've ever owned that measure up to the quality of those. The arms are on the tighter side, so they're good for people with smaller heads, but I'm sure you could have them professionally adjusted at a glasses store if you need the arms widened. 
    11. White Lotus: This is my favorite show I watched in the past month! It's a 6-episode series on HBO Max that follows a handful of vacationers and staff at a beautiful Hawaiian resort called the White Lotus, and all the misadventures that occur as their paths cross. It's not a crime show, but the first episode begins by revealing that someone has died at the resort, and it keeps your attention the whole time while you're trying to decide who it's gonna be. Definitely a bingeable show!


I hope you had a great last few days of August! And remember, we still have a few more weeks of summer...

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments