Trend Spotlight: Tortoiseshell Touches

Heels | Makeup bag | Headband | Wine glass
Watch | Sunglasses chain | Sunglasses | Hoops | Sandals
Thermos | Phone case | Clip | Clutch | Sunglasses | Belt

Tortoiseshell is one of my FAVORITE textures (patterns?) to add to an outfit. I like wearing it year-round, but it lends itself especially to fall in my opinion because of the deep, earthy tones it's comprised of. Tortoiseshell accessories are also a great way to tie black and brown together in the same outfit, which can sometimes be difficult. Previously, I've found it difficult to find many good, affordable

1. Shoes: Tortoiseshell shoes are SO beautiful and a great alternative for camel or black. I love these heeled sandals and also these espadrille wedges. I just got a pair of these waterproof sandals as a pair of "chic" pool shoes, and I love them! 

2. Makeup bags: While browsing tortoiseshell accessories, I came across these makeup bags and fell in love! I like that they're an easy-to-clean material and come in a few sizes. I ordered this small one as a catchall to keep in my tote bag to hold my lip products and other little things that can get lost in a big bag.

3. Wine glasses: I recently bought some tortoiseshell wine glasses because they caught my eye, and I've been loving using them! They match the decor in my home (lots of earth tones, botanical, and natural elements) and I enjoy using them for kombucha, specifically. 😂

4. Watch: How badass is this watch?! It has the perfect tortoise shade and the black face is so cool. Watches are a timeless accessory that you can wear forever, especially if you get a high quality one. Many people wear either gold or silver, but tortoiseshell is my personal favorite.

5. Sunglasses: I go back and forth on whether I prefer tortoiseshell or black sunglasses, but right now it's tortoiseshell! This is my favorite affordable-glam pair, and I'm also OBSESSED with this $15 Target pair (so much so that I bought three pairs, ha). You could also add this sunglasses chain (which doubles as a mask chain) to a more plain pair of sunglasses to spice them up.

6. Hoop earrings: One of my favorite fall accessories is a pair of tortoiseshell hoop earrings. J.Crew always has pretty options, and this year's pair is currently on sale for under $10!

7. Thermos: I spotted this little thermos at Target recently and had to have it. It's the perfect size for a coffee or a cocktail! Does anyone remember the tortoiseshell cups that Starbucks came out with a couple of years ago?? I have one and LOVE it, I wish they'd bring those back!


8.
Phone case: I'm too afraid to have anything other than an Otterbox case on my phone (ha), but if I was brave enough to branch out, I would 100% get this tortoiseshell phone case. Every time I see someone with it, I just love it! I personally thing that most "fun" phone cases are tacky, but this one is neutral enough that it blends in but still adds a little something.


9.
Hair accessories: I'm a headband fiend, and I love this simple, preppy tortoiseshell headband! There are a couple of different tones available, so you can pick the one that goes best with your hair color. I'm sure we all know that hair clips are BACK too, and while they're not necessarily my style, I love the tortoiseshell ones!


10. Clutch
: Evening bags can get pricey fast (hello, wallet-on-chains) so I love this under $30 one, because how often do we actually need evening bags? I imagine bringing this one to a wedding or a fancy dinner - it comes with a crossbody chain, too.


11.
Belt: I've been loving belting dresses lately, and for the summertime I usually wear my trusty raffia belt, but for the fall time I need to transition to something more appropriate for cooler weather. I LOVE this black one with a tortoiseshell buckle, it would look so chic over a shirt dress or black sweater dress. Plus, it's only $12!


xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

This post includes commissionable links.

No comments