Wedding Wednesday: All About my Bridesmaids


If you haven't already, meet my bridesmaids! I LOVE THESE GIRLS! These are the girls who I knew that would be in my wedding long before I ever met Kenny. I am so, so lucky to have these girls in my life and I could not be more grateful for their love and support, now more than ever. We grew up in the same town, but even now that they live hundreds of miles away from me, we're still as close as ever. Nothing I could write could explain what these girls mean to me, I can't remember life before any of them. We've grown up together and I'll love them forever.

Today, I'm sharing all of our photos from the wedding day (all by my beloved Wild Heart Films), along with what gifts I gave them and the dresses they wore! 



When it came to choosing my bridesmaids, I made the difficult decision to keep my bridal party small. Ultimately, I decided just to include my three oldest friends so that it didn't seem like I was leaving anyone out, and so that we all knew each other and got along. I didn't care how many groomsmen Kenny chose, and I didn't care if our numbers matched, but he ended up following suit and only asking his two lifetime best friends to stand beside him.

While I have a great group of girlfriends outside of my three lifelong besties, I'm happy with my choice to keep my bridal party small. Every time someone (especially vendors and industry people) would ask how many bridesmaids I was going to have, they were always encouraging and positive when I told them three. It definitely made things much easier logistically, and more enjoyable for everyone not to have ten girls running around to keep track of.





How dreamy is this bedroom?? The night before the wedding, we stayed at the Joshua Wilton House where we hosted the reception. Along with one of the most highly acclaimed restaurants in Virginia, it's also a gorgeous and charming bed and breakfast. I've always wanted to stay there, and the night before the wedding was the perfect time!

 I booked rooms four and five for us to stay in (this is room four) and get ready in the morning of the wedding. Room four was booked by someone else for the night of the wedding so I didn't think we'd get to take any photos in it, and I was bummed because it's my favorite! Luckily, the guests hadn't checked in yet by the time we were getting ready, so we snuck in for some shots.


This was a recreation of a photo that we took in a hotel in NYC years ago, ha!


Personalized makeup bag

Before the girls arrived, I stocked our rooms at the Joshua Wilton House with little gifts for them to find when they got there. I got everyone satin pajamas to wear, along with makeup bags with their names on them filled with some of my favorite Peter Thomas Roth face masks, Liquid IV, beauty collagen, Emergen-C, and a piece of jewelry from Baublebar that I picked out special for each of them.

The pajamas were a hit and looked so cute for photos! We wore them out the day of the wedding to hair appointments and on errands, ha.








Nancy Carrie! We grew up just a few blocks from each other, and were inseparable from a young age. We spent every summer, snow day, and Halloween together until college took us our separate ways, but we never miss a moment to reminisce.


Sarah! We met in Sunday school as super little kids, and then became close during middle school. I like to think that our friendship was catalyzed by a trip to Warped Tour together, ha!



And Emma! We met in Girl Scouts, her mom was our (fearless) leader and we had the best time conquering the wilderness together. Okay maybe not the wilderness, but we conquered public school which is basically the same.




These are my bridesmaid dresses! It was really important to me to find a bridesmaid dress that everyone loved and was under $100, knowing that they would be paying for them themselves. It's likely a dress that they will never wear again, so I didn't want them to have to spent a fortune on it, because I certainly wouldn't want to have to do that. I was between the dress I chose and this one, and let them choose the one that they liked the best because I loved both, so I wanted them to be able to pick the one that they preferred.

I think the dresses looked amazing on them! They're elegant, classic, and subtle. They were very flattering despite being form-fitting, and look great in photos.












These girls absolutely made my wedding day and every festivity leading up to it an absolute dream. I could not appreciate them more! They're all currently living in New York City, so it has been so amazing to see them so often for all of the wedding-related events. That being said, I'm definitely overdue for a trip up there to see them!







These photos were taken in the bar area of the Joshua Wilton House. We just had to get photos together here! This is where the staff ate during the wedding reception so no guests were seated here, but it's the most beautiful room in the house in my opinion.







Nancy Carrie, Sarah, and Emma, you guys mean everything to me! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything you did to make the wedding the best day ever, it couldn't have been without you!

xoxx, Laura

No comments