Bath & Body Works Fall Candle Favorites 2021

It's fall, fools! Let's get our candles going.

Bath & Body Works has a LOT of fall candles, I feel like they have more fall candles than any other seasonal category of candles, so there are a lot to smell through to find your favorites. Today I'm breaking my list down between my ride-or-die favorites, and my secondary favorites or ones that are new to me.

I love reviewing Bath & Body Works fall candles every year so a lot of these are repeats from last year's review, but I also tried some new ones this year that I've been loving! One thing to note is that I usually do not like "gourmand" scented candles, so none of these are very sweet whatsoever. You'll see a theme of apple, cranberry, spice, and pumpkin notes. If you can believe it, there are actually MORE fall candles that I like from Bath & Body Works, but I tried to keep this list somewhat reasonable. 😂 


P.S. Bath & Body Works has a new "buy online, pick up in store" option available at certain stores, so I definitely recommend doing that if you know what you want because the selection tends to be better in stores at this point in the season.

Top Favorites:

  1. Harvest Gathering (Fresh Picked Apple, Autumn Berries, Clove Buds): It's a hard choice, but I think this is my favorite fall candle! It's the quintessential fall fragrance; it has the freshness of apple perfectly balanced by the richness of spices without being too cinnamon-heavy. (Cinnamon-apple fragrances often just remind me of air freshener in public bathrooms hahaha.) 
  2. Pumpkin Bonfire (White Pumpkin, A Bundle of Clove Buds, Glowing Embers): This one became a new favorite of mine last year, last fall is the first time I had seen it. I know that people love Marshmallow Fireside, but that one is a little too sweet for me. This one is like if Marshmallow Fireside was less sweet and more smoky. Perfection! I also love the design of the jar this year.
  3. Leaves (Crisp Red Apple, Golden Nectar, Warm Clove Spice): If I'm not mistaken, this is Bath & Body Works' most popular fall candle, and with good reason! It's super cozy, appley, and spiced.
  4. The Perfect Autumn (Fresh Cranberry, Spiced Pumpkin, Crisp Apple, Rich Clove): This one falls along the same lines as Harvest Gathering and Leaves - spicy, appley, but with some extra freshness from the cranberry note plus a hint of pumpkin.
  5. Pumpkin Apple (Red Delicious Apple, Fall Pumpkin, Fresh Ground Cinnamon, Clove Buds): Pumpkin and apple, enough said! This is everything you could ever want in a fall candle, pumpkin, apple, and spices. Not sweet, just warm and cozy.
  6. Cranberry Woods (Tart Cranberry, Cinnamon Bark, Forest Cedar, Golden Amber): I got this one for the first time last fall, and it's become a staple for me! I've found that I love candles with a cranberry note, this one has a deep, almost woodsy scent, but the cranberry freshens it up. It's not an obviously "fall" candle, but it definitely suits the season and would make a great transitional scent.
  7. Apple Weather (Fresh Farmstand Apples, Lavender Leaves, Cinnamon Bark): This is what I consider a good "transitional" candle to burn when you're not quite ready to break out the fall candles, but you're wanting to dabble. To me, it just smells like nice, fresh apple - not really much lavender or cinnamon to speak of. 
  8. Autumn (Bright Red Gala Apple, Juicy Fig, Eucalyptus Leaf, Fir Balsam): This is another good "transitional" scent; it's heavy on the apple with a hint of fresh woods from the fir balsam, it definitely makes you think of a crisp autumn day. I don't get very much of the eucalyptus, but I trust that it's in there!

Other Favorites: 

  1. Fireside (Smoked Cedar, Fresh Clove Bud, Warm Embers): This one smells exactly like a bonfire! Super smoky and woodsy. My brother (who works in the forestry industry, ha) likes this one. I got this one for him for Christmas last year, so I expect them to stock this one through the holiday season, perhaps with a new jar design.   
  2. Spiced Cardamom (Cinnamon Spiced Cardamom, Dark Cedarwood, A Pinch of Nutmeg): I'm not sure this is categorized as a fall candle because I didn't find it with the other fall candles, but it's definitely a great fall scent! Warm, spicy, and homey. Plus, the jar is neutral and minimal. 
  3. Pumpkin Carving (Freshly Carved Pumpkin, Spiced Pumpkin Seeds, Smooth Brown Sugar): This one is new to me this year, and I originally tried it out expecting to hate it, but I was surprised by how much I like it! It is what pumpkin spice *should* smell like in my opinion. With the brown sugar note, I expected it to smell sweet, but it doesn't smell very sweet at all. Just a true pumpkin spice!  
  4. Honeycrisp Apple (Golden Honeycrisp, Apple Blossom, Fresh Sugarcane): This one is new to me this year, and it's just a great, classic apple scent. Fragrances like this are ones that I enjoy during the "transitional" season, and also as a fresh and clean kitchen scent, as I don't really enjoy the typical citrusy candles that are intended for the kitchen.
  5. Sweater Weather (Fresh Sage, Juniper Berries, Aromatic Eucalyptus, Fresh Woods): This one is super fresh, a bit woodsy, and a bit masculine. It's a little herbaceous, and overall just a great fall candle that doesn't scream pumpkin, apple, or spice.


What  are your favorite fall candles?! Actually don't tell me, I'm running out of room for them. 😂


xoxx, Laura

No comments