Trend Spotlight: Schoolboy Blazers

1 | 2 | 3 | 4
5 | 6 | 7 | 8

I know we're not *technically* in fall yet, and TRUST ME, I'm not trying to rush the last couple of days of summer, but it's gloomy and chilly today and I'm feeling the fall vibes so I'm going along with it for a fall fashion post! I had a different post I was planning for today but that got held up, so it'll be coming later this week! 

A blazer is one of those timeless pieces in your closet that you'll wear for years, even as styles change. While they traditionally skew "preppy," they're definitely having a moment in streetwear, which is basically the opposite of preppy! While you can't beat a classic black blazer, my favorite style is a "schoolboy" blazer in a neutral-toned houndstooth or plaid pattern. It's a menswear-inspired piece which is a style that's hot right now, but you can also dress it up to make it girly if you want to.


Today I'm sharing some of my favorite ways to style a schoolboy blazer, as well as some of my favorite options available right now at different price points! This is the particular one I have my eye on, although (I do with it was a teeny bit longer).

Image via

This was the outfit that inspired this entire post! I love finding successful ways to style white outfits in the fall and winter, and Sydney (my FAVORITE blogger, go follow her!) nailed this one. I will definitely be copying this look this fall!

Image via

In contrast to the white-based outfit above, I also love to style a blazer over an all-black outfit. Super easy and chic! I styled a similar outfit on the blog a couple of years ago!

Image via

This outfit is right up my alley. 😍 This is pretty much my ideal outfit for fall, I would wear it to work or on the weekend, and it would look great with boots, heels, or loafers. I love how the muted colors in the rest of the outfit bring out the tones in the blazer.

Image via

Do you just die for all the layering!? I know that layering is a lot of ladies' favorite aspect of dressing for fall and winter, and I'm right there with you. I also love the look that the black tights give - I know a lot of people can't stand tights, but I love wearing them.

Image via

This is a great workwear outfit for fall and winter, and something I would definitely wear. you could also wear something similar with leggings and sneakers on the weekend if you wanted a more casual version.

Image via

Last but not least, a more casual option! You can't beat jeans and a white tee, and throwing on a blazer over top is a great way to elevate a more casual outfit.

I hope you had a great weekend! I'll see you back here on Wednesday to talk about one of my most favorite fall topics - fall scented candles! 


xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST: 

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments