Wedding Wednesday: Our Rehearsal Dinner

eSince our rehearsal dinner was the first major event of wedding weekend, I thought it would be fitting to start the wedding content with a post on it. BUT BREAKING NEWS: my photographer emailed me our wedding photos today and I'm SO excited to see them all and share them! I'm waiting until this evening when Kenny and I are both home to look at them together for the first time, and I'm dying! She cranked them out in record time and I am so grateful!


Here my gorgeous girls and I are in front of the church after the ceremony rehearsal! You probably recognize my dress from my engagement photos, I love it so much I had to wear it to the rehearsal. I also wore my wedding shoes that night to have a chance to show them off since I knew they'd be covered by my dress at the wedding, and I'm so glad that I did.


And Mr. Busic! We were glad to have the rehearsal over with... It was kind of confusing! The pastor was helpful with placement and where and how we needed to stand and move throughout the ceremony, but rushed through certain things since it's something he does all the time. My friends and I got the giggles and it was pretty much over from there. The rehearsal was good overall, and luckily we weren't trying to pull off anything crazy during the ceremony. It ended up going perfectly as far as I'm concerned!


MY FAVORITE PEOPLE 💙 Almost every single person at the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner ended up wearing blue, which was really cool.

We hosted the dinner downtown and right down the road from the church at Ruby's Lounge, which is in the basement of one of my favorite downtown restaurants, Clementine. It wasn't my first choice of where to host the dinner, but I'm SO glad we ended up there. The event manger was so helpful and accommodating, and she actually used to work at the Joshua Wilton House where we had our reception, so it was nice to make that connection.

We served heavy apps which were delicious and everyone loved, and the vibe was so fun. I wish I had a good photo! They have cool local art on all of the walls, and dressed up all the tables with black tablecloths. DJs perform there every weekend and it's one of our favorite places to go out downtown, so it was cool to experience it in a different way.


I also took a handful of disposable camera pics at the rehearsal that I just got developed too! This camera went through airport security in my purse by accident, so I'm happy the film could still be developed! Also, I'd like to thank film for making me look even remotely tanner than I actually am.


Just doing what felt natural after all the *serious* pics. 😂


Mama Bake and Dad!


I always force my brother to do this pose with me... it originated years ago at a Christmas tree farm and your guess as to why is as good as mine.


The bridal party getting ready to EAT! The prosecco was flowing and we were living the dream.


My friends were reading my last blog post before the wedding together and I was overseeing their reactions, ha. 


My "aunt" Candy! She and my mom have been friends since college, and I was the flower girl in her wedding. She was such a big help during the wedding weekend! 


My brother and me! We weren't always friends as kids, but around middle school we became bff's and LOOK AT US NOW!


Couldn't end the night without a shoe shot. They were my dream! 


I don't remember if we were posing for this or if someone just snapped it, but either way... It was a good try hahaha. The last kiss before the wedding!

So now that my wedding photos are in (ahh!), stay tuned for SEEMINGLY ENDLESS wedding content over the coming weeks! I'm SO excited to share everything, so get pumped for next Wednesday!

xoxx, Laura

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete