Favorite Fresh Perfumes


I'm a big seasonal fragrance lady these days, and in this August/September "transitional" period, I find myself gravitating toward fresher, more "seasonless" fragrances as I grow a little tired of more summery scents, but I'm not ready to go full-fall yet. Today I'm sharing my current favorite fresh perfumes that I've been enjoying wearing recently, but work well at any time of year!

Notes: Ambrette Seeds, Sea Salt, Sage

Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt: This perfume is a fan favorite, and it's one that can't be missed. It's fresh but still robust, with a teeny bit of woodsy-ness that makes it good for fall, although it's a suitable year-round fragrance. My other favorite fresh Jo Malone fragrance is Blackberry & Bay, which has the fresh juiciness of a blackberry, mixed with the woodsy, herbaceous notes of bay leaves and cedarwood.

Notes: Ginger, Neroli, Orange Blossom, Jasmine

Caudalie Thé des Vignes: The notes of this one make it seem like it will be floral and a bit spicy, but it isn't either of those in my opinion. It's somehow fresh, musky, botanical, and sensual all at the same time. The description on the website depicts a scene of a vineyard at dusk, and it really does remind me of a crisp fall day at a vineyard.

Notes: Aquatic Accord, Coriander, Red Seaweed Essence

Replica Sailing Day: This perfume is a true, crisp aquatic, which I love. It's marketed as unisex and definitely leans masculine, but it's still easy to wear as a female as well. It truly reminds me of an afternoon out on a sailboat, which is exactly what they were going for with the formulation!

Notes: Bergamot, White Flower, Vetiver

Clean Reserve Rain: This one is described as a watery musk, which I think is the perfect description. It leans a touch masculine, but has that "skin" smelling quality that I know a lot of people love in an everyday perfume.

Note: Cetalox

Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume: This perfume is hard to describe because it only has one note, and who the heck knows what "cetalox" is anyway?? The only way I can describe this one is that to me, it has the same vibe as Light Blue and Thé des Vignes. Super light, fresh, and a scent that I think is universally flattering. There is also a "superdose" version which I also love, but has a bunch of horrible reviews that state the full-size bottle is a completely different fragrance than the travel size. I've only ever had the travel size, but I've always liked it and found it as a stronger version of the original.

Notes: Cedar, Green Apple, Bluebell, Bamboo,
Jasmine, Rose, Citron Wood, Amber, Musk

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue: If I had to guess, I'd say that pretty much everyone has smelled this perfume before! It's a timeless classic, and a quintessential fresh, happy perfume. It's very fresh, citrusy, and aquatic, and perfect for daytime. A lot of the marketing for this fragrance involves coastal imagery, so it really makes me think of sailing off the coast of Italy, which I think is exactly they feeling that this light, aquatic scent evokes.

Notes: Yuzu Lemon, Peony, Musk

Versace Bright Crystal: This is an old favorite of mine, but not to be overlooked! I don't wear it often anymore, but every time I do, I remember why I love it. It's very youthful, and the tiniest bit sexy while still smelling upbeat and fresh. It's classified as a fresh floral, but it's much more fresh than it is floral. It also comes in an absolou version that smells pretty much the same as the original, but is a bit more intense if you want something stronger. I almost included Chanel Eau Tendre EDT in this list but thought it was a bit more floral than fresh, but I would consider that one and Bright Crystal to have kind of the same vibe.

Notes: Mandarin, Floral Cotton Accord, Amber

Clean Warm Cotton: There's no other way to describe it, this perfume smells like a dryer sheet, haha. What's fresher than that?? It's very strong so you only need a couple of sprays - I like putting it on after I shower on days where I'm wearing something comfy just to feel extra clean and cozy. It gives me the feeling of getting into bed with freshly washed sheets!

If you're reading this, I'm headed to the Outer Banks for the week! I am SO excited, the beach is my favorite place on earth (especially the Outer Banks, which I grew up coming to), and I'm excited to spend a ton of quality time with Kenny. He didn't used to be a beach guy, but after the past few trips we've taken to beaches, he's been converted! We booked this trip the day we got back from Tybee Island back in May because we couldn't bear the thought of living one more day without another beach vacation on the calendar. 😂 We are so excited!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:  

This post contains commissionable links.


No comments