May Favorites

Happy JUNE! June is one of my very favorite months because it's the month where summer officially begins! The first day of summer is my favorite day of the year, I love the feeling of it being the longest day of the year and the official beginning of summer. For the past several years, my parents and my brother and Kenny and I have kicked off summer by packing up some wine and cheese and heading up to Reddish Knob to watch the sunset, so I'm excited to do that again this year! But I'm getting ahead of myself, let's talk May favorites!



    1. Chloé Nomade: The only word I can think of to describe this perfume is INTOXICATING. I have a lot of unique perfumes, but this one is truly unlike any that I've ever owned, and it's so complex I can barely describe it. It's categorized as a "warm floral" which is definitely accurate, with notes of freesia, mirabelle, and oak moss. It's definitely deep and sexy, and smells different if you smell it directly on your skin versus catching a whiff of it in the air. Right on the skin it's a little overly warm in my opinion, but from a foot or more away, it smells completely different and SO beautiful and sultry. I spoke about the Chloé Nomade Absolou version in a previous favorites post, but this one is far better in my opinion. Chloe perfumes are the longest lasting perfumes I've owned, so they're really worth the money! Another perfume favorite that I've been loving this month is this aquatic perfume sampler from Sephora. It comes with five mini perfume samples and a voucher to redeem for a travel size version of whichever one in the pack is your favorite. I love all of the samples so much that I ended up getting two of the perfumes included, which I'm sure will appear in next month's favorites!
    2. Jaclyn Cosmetics highlighter in "Iced": I was so excited to try Jaclyn Hill's highlighters when she released them a few months ago, but it's taken me a while to really love them. I love a BLINDING highlighter for my brow bone and typically use "Sarcophagus" from Jeffree Star Cosmetics, but I was hoping to love the Jaclyn Cosmetics one more because it's less more easily accessible, and let's face it, Jaclyn is a better person. When I first tried it, I was a little surprised at the formula and how not-blinding it was, because blinding highlighter is kind of Jaclyn's brand. After a few months of using it though, I really love it. It's more finely milled and densely packed (I think it's actually a baked highlighter) than other highlighters I love, which makes it just melt into the skin, and gives it a buildable property that I enjoy. I will say, I still prefer my JSC highlight for my browbones, but for the cheeks/face the Jaclyn Hill one is my favorite. The shade I use and love for my skin tone (cool fair) is "Iced," and it comes in a mini size, which is nice if you don't want to commit to the full size.
    3. Dose of Color eyeshadow palette: I've had my eye on the Dose of Colors eyeshadow palettes for a while now, they're all so beautiful and wearable! I noticed them going out of stock, so I had to grab a couple because I'm scared they're getting discontinued! I got the "marvelous mauves" and "blushing berries" palettes, and I love both! Purple is my favorite eyeshadow color to wear, so the mauve palette is the one I had my eye on, but once I saw the berries one I had to have that one too because I loved the pink and terracotta shades, and I love palettes that include a black because I use a black to deepen the outer corner of my eyeshadow almost every day.
    4. Charleston rice bead bracelet: When Kenny and I were in Charleston at the beginning of the month (trip recap here!) I got a Charleston rice bead bracelet, which I had been wanting since we first visited several years ago. It's just such a simple, classic piece of everyday jewelry, and I love wearing bracelets whenever I don't have long sleeves on. I look forward to wearing it because it fits perfectly (I got a 6.5" one), it's lightweight, and even though it's not "sparkly," the light reflects off of it so beautifully and gives it a sparkly look!
    5. Straw boater hat: I think this hat is the only thing I've ever paid for express shipping for. 😂 I wanted a different straw hat before my recent trip to Charleston, and I'm so glad I ended up loving this one, especially for under $20! It's a more structured hat than others I have, and I wasn't sold on the "boater" style when I first tried it on, but after wearing it once I absolutely loved it (you can see me style it here). I got it with the neutral ribbon, but it also comes in a black ribbon version which I might get too.
    6. Straw basket bag: Another straw favorite of the month has been my small straw basket bag! Mine is old from Reformation (I got it on Poshmark), but I found this super similar one on Etsy that's only $35 and so beautiful; I would definitely purchase it if anything happened to the one I have! It fits a surprising amount of stuff and has an optional drawstring closure which mine does as well, but the benefit of the Etsy version is that it's customizable so you can add an initial or a name if you want to, which would make it a great gift for a friend or a bridal party! While we're talking straw bags, I'll also plug my other favorite straw tote from Amazon that I've carried for four years now and absolutely love.
    7. Cauliflower crust pizza: I went to Costco hungry several weeks ago (mistake) and picked up this cauliflower crust pizza to try, and it's SO good! The crust isn't at all soggy or stinky like other cauliflower crusts can be, it's thin and crispy and SO delicious. It's also gluten free! Kenny loves it too, and he's a pizza purist who prefers thick, chewy crusts. This has become a freezer staple for when we want something quick to throw into the oven.
    8. "X" sandals: I've been seeing "X" sandals a lot this season, and I recently picked up an affordable leather pair and I've been loving them! They're surprisingly comfortable (I thought they might pinch the top of my feet) and they go with everything.
    9. Joggers: Does anyone remember when everyone started working from home last year, pretty much all loungewear was out of stock EVERYWHERE? 😂 I've been on the hunt for the perfect pair of cozy joggers ever since, and I love these so much I got them in two different colors! They're a thick true sweatshirt fleece, and I love the thick waistband and drawstring. Speaking of H&M loungewear, I also love their sweatshorts which are only $13!
    10. Bloodline: On the streaming front this month, I have been absolutely LOVING Bloodline on Netflix! I had started it a while back and didn't give it much of a chance so I didn't really get into it, but I gave it another try and I'm so glad I did because it's so good. It's a drama with a lot of family secrets and twists and turns, so it can be stressful to watch but it's so gripping. The acting is great and it features a lot of stars. Another thing I love about it is that it's set in Islamorada, Florida - any show, movie, or book set around a beach is always SO engaging to me, I just love the coastal vibes. There are only three seasons, which is disappointing because I already wish there were more episodes (I'm about halfway done), but it makes me glad to know it isn't drawn out like so many series are.


I hope you're having a great week so far, I'll see you back here on Friday for an outfit post!


xoxx, Laura

No comments