Peony Paradise



To paraphrase Taylor Swift from her under appreciated song "Seven:" please picture me in the peonies. 🌸

Similar dress | Hat


If there's a flower field anywhere within a 50 mile radius of me I'll probably sniff it out. I've planted myself in the middle of many different flower fields over the years, but never a peony farm! My mom sent me photos of this one that she saw on Facebook, and obviously I had to find it.


Don't you just die?? There was a separate section of a different variety of peonies that were almost past when we visited, but I could tell they were just beautiful too. There was also another section of white ones near the road. We talked to the guy who manages the peonies, and he was super nice. He said that he was meant to sell them to Trader Joe's, but their contract fell through due to COVID, which is just awful. BUT, it made for a great place for the public to visit and enjoy! There was a girl there taking graduation photos while we were there, which I bet turned out SO beautiful. The peonies were being sold for $2 a stem, or you could bring a shovel and dig up a whole plant to bring home!

So let's talk about this dress: it's a favorite of mine for summertime! I love a good shirt dress, and the puff sleeves on this one are so fun. It's old from Banana Republic, but this one is almost identical and only $32. Linking some other similar styles below!


 
I know I'm a little early, but happy summer! Being among all these flowers made me so excited for the season ahead (as I am every year), and you would never know it started torrentially raining 30 minutes later. 😂 That's summer for ya!


Okay, one last thing we need to address: do you pronounce "peonies" as "pee-OH-nee" or "PEE-uh-nee?" I've always said "pee-OH-nee," which I guess is the southern pronunciation, but I hear most people nowadays say "PEE-uh-nee," which I attribute partially to Gossip Girl since peonies are Blair's favorite flower and that's now they pronounce it in the show. Either way, how can you deny these big, fluffy blooms?? The only thing I wish was that they would bloom longer!



Have a beautiful Friday!  

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete