10 Things to Pack for a Beach Vacation

 


With summer almost *officially* here, travel opening up, and beach trips getting booked, I wanted to share my must-haves for a beach vacation! These are all fashion-related, but don't forget your SPF, beach chair, and cooler!

1. Shirt dress (or an oversized button up):Shirt dresses and button ups are great to pack for the beach, because you can wear them out shopping or to dinner, but they also double as swimsuit cover ups!

2. Sandals: You can't go to the beach without a good pair of sandals! The Sam Edelman Bay sandals have been my favorites for the past couple of summers, and I also love the Jack Rogers Laurens

3. Swimsuit: I love a good one piece swimsuit, but I rarely splurge on a swimsuit because I wear them so infrequently and they wear out and fade quickly being in exposed to harsh sunlight, saltwater, chlorine, and sunscreen. This one from Amazon has been my favorite this year, and I also love this one and this one from previous years!

4. Sun hat: Sun hats are great for a beach trip because they're cute, but they also provide sun protection. I've been absolutely loving this one this season, and it's under $20 and also comes in a back ribbon option. This onefrom Amazon is another one of my favorites, and it comes in a bunch of color combinations. I also love a good old fashioned baseball cap for the beach, this Nike one is my go-to.

5. Straw bag: A few years ago I got a straw bag on a whim, and it has turned into one of my most-worn summer accessories! This year I got a smaller one and I love it just as much. This one is a splurge, but it's HUGE and a great beach bag option.

6. Sunglasses: I'm somewhat of a sunglasses fanatic, and for the beach I prefer a dark, oversized pair for maximum sun protection. I love the Le Specs Air Heart style (as seen on Meghan Markle!) which are around $70, and my favorite affordable pair are these from Amazon for $13.

7. Sundress: When you're feeling dressy at the beach, the easiest thing to throw on and look polished is a good sundress. There are hundreds that I love, but I'm linking my favorite affordable options from Amazon, most of which are under $30! I wrote a whole post on my favorite Amazon dresses, linked here if you missed it!

8. Square scarf: I love a square scarf for its versatility! Aside from wearing one as an actual scarf, you can style it on a handbag, in your hair, or as a belt!

9. Summer sweater: I love a good summer sweater to throw on over a swimsuit or on chilly evenings. My favorite for the beach is this classic flag sweater, so preppy and fun!

10. Denim: At the beach, you need some good denim whether that's a jean skirt, cutoff shorts, or a pair of straight jeans. They're easy to throw on over a swimsuit as a cover up or to go to a casual lunch on the beach, and you can also dress them up with a pretty top. You could also do a denim jacket over a shirt dress or sundress.  


Are you going on a beach vacation soon? Where are you going?? Let me know!

xoxx, Laura

No comments