Colorful in Charleston

Similar dress, similar dress | Jean jacket | Similar sandals
Hat (black detail version) | Sunglasses | Similar bag


There isn't much that a fun sundress can't cure! And being on vacation doesn't hurt either. 😂 I shot this look back in April when I was in Charleston, but wanted to save it for REAL summer since it's such a fun vacation outfit! To me, it has all of the quintessential elements of a "nerdy tourist" outfit - sans the cargo shorts, ha!


This dress is old from J.Crew, but I found a bunch of pretty multicolored striped dresses, linked below!




This straw boater hat is still my fave, and currently on sale for $14! I'm also still obsessed with these $15 Target sunglasses, so much so that I bought three pairs so I can have one at home, in my bag, and in the car at all times. 😂


The Sam Edelman Bay sandals are some of my very favorites for summer! My rattan ones are no longer available, but I found these on Amazon that are super similar and have great reviews.


I hope your week is going well! Monday's post was scheduled so I didn't get to chat about my weekend - Kenny and I spent the weekend in northern Virginia for one of my best friend's wedding and it was SO much fun! Everything was beautiful (especially our dresses!), and all of the bridesmaids had great chemistry together, which was such a blessing and made everything super easy and fun. We even want to make plans to hang out now that the wedding is over! 😜 That's how you know you have a good group of friends, when they all get along! 


I also had a VERY eventful evening yesterday - I was doing dishes and my mom called me and said that my dad had found a tiny kitten all alone when he was walking the dog! He brought it home, so I RUSHED over to their house to see it. We think it's about two weeks old, and it was STARVING and crying, so my dad got some kitten formula and we fed it with an eye dropper and it was SO much happier after that. It purred and slept the rest of the evening! I keep saying "it" because we're not sure if it's a boy or a girl yet - I think it's a boy, but we need to take it to the vet to get checked out so hopefully they can tell us! I left it with my parents that night just in case it has any diseases so I wouldn't expose Roxy to them, but all I want to do is go care for it! My mom said it slept through the night which was a major surprise because kittens that young usually eat every few hours, but when she woke it up it was starving! More kitten fostering updates (and photos!) to come; I feel like this is my calling in life and I've always hoped to find a kitten that needs a home. 😻

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

No comments