Happy Hour: Watermelon Spritz Cocktail

Happy Friday! I'm back today with a new cocktail recipe just in rime for summer: the watermelon spritz. My mom gave me a really good watermelon last weekend and one thing came to mind when I cut into it: cocktails. This a super yummy and refreshing cocktail that can also be made as a mocktail, just ditch the alcohol!

Watermelon Spritz Cocktail 

Makes 1 cocktail

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup watermelon chunks (to make 2 oz watermelon juice)
  • 2 oz vodka (omit if you're making a mocktail)
  • Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1/2 oz)
  • 1 tsp simple syrup (more or less to taste)
  • 3 oz sparkling water (I use lime flavored)

Instructions

  1. Muddle the watermelon chunks in a cocktail shaker - you want it to resemble a pulp. You can strain it down to the juice, or let the cocktail shaker strain it once you mix everything else together. It should create about 2 oz of watermelon juice. 
  2. Add the vodka, lime juice, and simple syrup to the watermelon juice in the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to chill. 
  3. Strain contents of the cocktail shaker over ice and top with the sparkling water. Stir gently to combine. 
  4. Garnish with a lime and enjoy!


I hope you have a great weekend! I've mentioned this in the past, but the first day of summer (this Sunday!) has always been my favorite day of the year. I'm a summer girl through and through, and for the past several years my family has taken a trip up to Reddish Knob to ring in summer, and I'm so excited to do that again this year! 


xoxx, Laura

No comments