March Favorites


It's April, people! Or as I like to call it, one step closer to summer. 😎 I'm hoping for some more summer-like weather soon, I am itching to start wearing all of my sundresses! I have some fun spring (and food) favorites from the month of March to share today, let's get into it!

    1. Ellis Brooklyn Myth: I've mentioned this fragrance a few times recently, and I've been using it a ton this past month. It's a great fragrance for spring, but works well year-round as an everyday fragrance. I always describe it as smelling like your hair after you get it done at the salon with all of their expensive products!
    2. Pearl hoop earrings: I've been wearing these a ton lately as a fun "upgrade" from traditional pearl studs. They're a bit of a statement, but still classic and easy to wear. Check out this post from last week for more of my freshwater pearl picks!
    3. Floral doormat: Target has the best seasonal doormats, and this is the one I've had out for spring! It's so fun and colorful, and I love seeing it when I get home every day. I also repurchased this palm print one for summer, I've had it for the last couple of years and needed a replacement!
    4. Daring plant-based chicken: In the realm of plant-based meat alternatives, I've always found that the chicken ones weren't as good as beef ones. A few months ago, I spotted the Daring brand at Walmart and gave it a try, and oh my goodness it is head and shoulders above any other plant-based chicken I have ever tried! Seriously SO good, I highly recommend trying it if you're into "fake meat." They have a few varieties - the original one is my favorite and I love adding it to pasta and rice dishes. The breaded variety is good too, I added it to a salad this week and it was super yummy.
    5. Shirt dress: I think this is my fourth or fifth time mentioning this dress on the blog, it's seriously so good! Classic style, true to size, 100% cotton, affordable, comes in pink... There's nothing bad about it! See me style it casually here.
    6. Chanel mirror: I've been wanting this luxurious little mirror for years, but I kept talking myself out of it because it's so unnecessary - there are way cheaper compact mirrors out there! I finally caved and bought it in a #TreatYoSelf moment back in January, and I've been loving using it lately. I like that one side of the compact has a regular mirror and the other side has a magnified mirror. It comes with a protective velvet slipcover, which is nice to have to keep the mirror from getting scratched in your bag, plus you look like Grace Kelly pulling it out. 😂 It's also fun to order from the Chanel website because you get the nice packaging and you get to pick a few beauty samples with your order. My only critique is that I wish it were heavier - I hate to say this, but it does feel a bit cheap! BUT, I will use and enjoy it nonetheless.
    7. Fusilli corti bucati: My favorite part of pasta is the texture (I LOVE "cartoon shaped" mac and cheese 😂), so I was so excited when I found this! It's basically tiny tubes of pasta formed into a coil. Trader Joe's recently released something similar and I got that too but haven't tried it yet.
    8. Floral embroidered headband: This is one of those things that I just HAD to have as soon as I saw it - I mean, how cute?! I didn't even know that Rifle Paper Co. had headbands, but they have a lot of really pretty ones. I've been loving styling mine with white, light blue and sage green pieces.
    9. Oversized sweatshirt: H&M has some of the best and most affordable loungewear out there. These mens crewneck sweatshirts are only $15, have the perfect relaxed fit, and come in 18 colors! I have the light blue and the mint green (which is more of a sage green in person), and I also love the light purple. I sized up in mine for a more oversized fit, but they're still slightly oversized in my true size too.
    10. Sneakers: I'd been hunting for some relatively understated black sneakers for a while, and got these a few months ago. I like that they're relatively simple but have a substantial sole that gives them more of a casual vibe. I also like when shoes with white soles are black on the bottom so they don't look dirty!
    11. Watching: I've been watching a lot of different things this month! First is Tournament of Champions, which airs on Sunday nights on Food Network. I'm not the biggest fan of most cooking competition shows, but I LOVE this one! It starts off with 32 expert chefs in a bracket who compete against each other until one is named champion. The objective of each of the rounds depends on the "randomizer" - a series of wheels that dictates ingredients, tools, techniques and styles that the chefs need to use in their dish. It's always impressive seeing what they come up with! In the documentary/true crime realm, Kenny and I enjoyed Worst Roommate Ever, Bad Vegan, Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich, all on Netflix. I can't believe I hadn't seen the Jeffrey Epstein documentary yet, that one is so bizarre and unbelievable. We've been enjoying Life and Beth with Amy Schumer on Hulu, it's funny and cute and the episodes are short so it's easy to watch. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, Minx on HBO Max - it's a cheeky and cute comedy set in the 70's about the creation of a women's erotic magazine. 😂


I hope you have a great weekend! Kenny and I are going on a little getaway a couple of hours away to see a concert and get out of town, and we're really looking forward to it! 


xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments