Weekend Recap



Don't you just love a good weekend trip? Kenny and I have been getting tickets to a lot of concerts lately after the last couple of years of concerts and tours getting postponed and canceled. This weekend, we went up to Silver Spring, Maryland to see my favorite band, The Maine! The concert was at The Fillmore which is a venue Kenny and I had never been to, but after seeing a show there we agreed that we'd definitely go back. It's a good size, and downtown Silver Spring is a really easy area to stay and walk to everywhere you want to go.



We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott, which was less than 10 minutes walking distance from everywhere we needed to get to downtown. It has a parking garage attached to it that's free on the weekends, and there's a Whole Foods right across the street which is nice if you need to go grab anything. Overall we really enjoyed downtown Silver Spring for a quick weekend trip as far as ease of access to everything!

Unrelated side note, but Kenny and I shared a suitcase for the trip and it made me feel so sentimental for some reason. I don't know why, it just felt so cute! My parents used to share suitcases on trips when I was a kid and I don't know why I've always kept that memory, but it's so sweet to me.

After we arrived Saturday afternoon and checked into our hotel, we walked around downtown for a while until we were ready for dinner. We shopped a little bit at Ellsworth Place which is the mall downtown - its footprint is relatively small, but it has four or five levels which felt very city to me. 😂



For dinner, we went to The Eleanor. It was really cool in there, they have bowling lanes and a bunch of arcade games! The atmosphere in there was pretty loud and crazy even around 5:00 when we got there so it's not the place to go if you're wanting a quiet dinner, but if you're in the mood for something fun I definitely recommend it.



We got to dinner during happy hour so I got some rosé, and Kenny and I split the hushpuppies as a starter. We both ordered the margherita pizza as our mains, and everything we had was delicious!



After dinner, we headed over to The Fillmore for the show, and it was amazing as always! This was my 10th time seeing The Maine in the past 13 years, and their shows never get old. The band has such a great presence with the crowd and always finds ways to incorporate the fans into their shows and really make each crowd feel special and appreciated as their supporters.


After the concert, Kenny and I walked back over to our hotel (it was SO nice to be able to walk a few minutes down the street rather than having to catch an Uber!) We watched the end of the Duke vs. UNC game and then went to sleep!

 


On Sunday morning, we had brunch reservations at All Set Bar & Grill which is an absolutely beautiful New England-inspired restaurant. Their brunch menu is really great, and they have tons of fabulous cocktails - I had to go with an espresso martini, which was made perfectly.


We ordered the cheddar sriracha biscuits with macerated berries as a starter which were SO delicious, I want to try and recreate them!



Kenny and I both ordered the West Coast Benedict as our mains, which came with home fries. Everything we had was wonderful!



After brunch, we headed over to Tyson's Corner for some shopping before heading back home. I didn't get anything good, but I DID get a picture with this massive denim shoe they had shoved in this weird back corner of Bloomingdale's. 😂

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! My weekends are starting to get booked up as we get closer to warmer weather, and I'm so excited to have plans to look forward to!

xoxx, Laura

No comments