Winter: The Sequel

Striped sweater | Black coat | Straight jeans
Cap toe slingbacks | Knot headband | Pearl earrings


Well that nice spring weather we were teased with last week didn't last long. 😂 We're back to freezing temps over here! I've always heard people joke about how erratic Virginia weather is, but I think that's true for a lot of the east coast (and probably a lot of the country!) Spring seems to be the most erratic of all (which contributes to my disdain for the season), but we will live!


I'm pretty tired of the up-and-down temps, I never know how to dress! All I want is to be able to wear sundresses, but the weather lately only feels conducive to wearing jeans. Don't get me wrong, jeans are great and I enjoy styling them, but I'm a dress girl at heart! Regardless, today I'm sharing this kinda springy, kinda wintry outfit for this transitional period!


These jeans are from the "power slim straight" line at Old Navy. I love that line, but I will say each pair of the jeans fits very differently, so you have to try them on. Some of them are classic nonstretch denim (like the ones I'm wearing here) and others are stretchy, so the fit varies. The style I'm wearing in these photos isn't currently offered, but this pair is very similar with the relaxed fit and raw hem!


I CANNOT resist a good sweater... Like, it's a problem. As soon as I saw this black and white one I knew it was a must-have! I love styling it with black pants and heels to the office. It's no longer available, but this one is super similar and is made from a nice cotton blend.


Now for the finishing touch to this outfit - these cap toe slingbacks! They're old from Marc Fisher and I'm not gonna sugar coat it, they are insanely uncomfortable. 😂 I don't understand how since the heel is so low and the toes aren't too pointed, but they are! This pair from Amazon (with good reviews!) will give you the same look, hopefully at a less painful cost!


I hope your week is going swimmingly! I have been LOVING the lighter evenings that came along with the time change!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commisionable links.

No comments