Ellis Brooklyn Perfume Review


Ellis Brooklyn is a fragrance brand that I've been very into lately, and I haven't seen many people talking about it! An Instagram ad recently intrigued me about one of their new scents, so I ordered it along with one of their discovery sets to try a bunch of different scents because the notes sounded really enticing. Today I'm reviewing 13 of the Ellis Brooklyn perfumes - I think the only one I haven't tried is Sweet, but I'll update this post with a review of that one if I get a chance!

Top: Bergamot, Ambrette Seeds, Cassis
Mid: Tiger Orchid, Pink Lotus, Jasmine Petals
Dry: Patchouli, Liquid Musks, White Cedarwood

Myth: This was the first fragrance I tried from Ellis Brooklyn, and I loved it right away! It is THE most beautiful light floral; it would make a great everyday scent because it's relatively neutral. The notes list a lot of floral notes, but it isn't super floral at all; the bergamot and ambrette give a certain freshness that lift up the other notes. It reminds me of how your hair smells when you get done at the salon after the stylist uses a bunch of expensive products in it. (Spoiler alert, this is my top favorite fragrance from Ellis Brooklyn!)

Notes: Cedar, Ambergris, Vetiver

Iso Gamma Super: This one is a really beautiful everyday scent. It has the same qualities as Juliette Has a Gun Not A Perfume in that it's light, fresh, and you can't quite put your finger on what it smells like. It would make a great layering scent if you're into layering fragrances. I really enjoy perfumes with ambergris, and the ambergris that Ellis Brooklyn uses is synthetic and vegan. I didn't know until recently that ambergris is a substance found in the digestive system of sperm whales (ew??) so I'm not sure how it ended up in perfumes, but I'm glad an artificial way to replicate it has been discovered, ha! My only critique of this fragrance is that I wish it had more longevity - it doesn't last long on my skin at all.

Top: Saffron, Juniper Berries, Cardamom
Mid: Soft Suede, Bourbon, Violet, Praline, Guaiacwood, Labdanum
Dry: Musk, Vanilla, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Sandalwood

Après: As you might expect, this is a really great winter scent. The website describes it as boozy and woodsy, laced with spice and sweetness, which I think is the perfect description! It has the same vibes as Replica Jazz Club and Allsaints Leather Skies in that it's boozy and woodsy, but it's slightly less heavy than those two in my opinion, definitely my favorite of the three.

Top: Ylang Ylang, Violet Leaves Absolute
Mid: Tahitian Tiare, Magnolia Dianica
Dry: Musk, Ambergris, Sandalwood

Salt: I was expecting to really love this one because it's the only one from the brand I had seen people talk about prior to trying these out myself. It's one of Ellis Brooklyn's most popular scents, and it won an Allure Best of Beauty award. It's described as a fresh tropical floral, but I get more of a warm and creamy vibe from it. You definitely get the musk and sandalwood notes, and there's something about it that smells almost like hairspray. It's really nice, but the scent on my skin is too creamy and warm form my taste.

Top: Mandarin, Rhubarb
Mid: Peony, Pink Lotus
Dry: Patchouli, Blond Woods, Liquid Musks

Raven: This one definitely isn't for everyone, but it was an unexpected love for me! I saw the patchouli note and wrote it off, but it's actually very nice. It starts off very dusty and "old lady" smelling, but softens to a beautiful, powerful scent with a soft sweetness. Upon first spray it gives me a similar feeling to Replica Whispers in the Library, but reminds me of a more "rustic" version of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle when it dries down. The site describes this fragrance as "mysterious, captivating yet imbued with a sense of humor" which I think is perfect.

Top: Blood Orange, Clementine, Lemon, Basil
Mid: Pear Blossom, Waterlily, Ginger
Dry: Vetiver, Amber, Oakmoss

West: This one is fresh and pretty - it reminds me of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Orange Soleia and Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic with a hint of something woodsier from the vetiver and oakmoss. It has a strong citrusy freshness from the orange, clementine, and lemon, so if you like citrusy scents this one is definitely worth a try! It doesn't have that underlying vanilla sweetness that many citrus scents have.

Top: Neroli, Sicilian Bergamot, Magnolia Oil
Mid: Damask Rose, Lily of the Valley, Coconut Milk
Dry: Amber, Vanilla, Musk

Fawn: This is a GREAT summer fragrance! I can imagine wearing it to a beach resort. You get the warm and sexy coconut right away, but it's still sophisticated with the neroli and bergamot notes. Perfect for summer and I definitely recommend trying this one if you like coconut.

Top: Neroli, Black Currant
Mid: Honeysuckle, Petitgrain, Dewy Violet
Dry: Crisp Amber, Cedarwood

Fable: This one is is definitely for the floral fragrance lovers! It's a very feminine, floral, and green. I would say that the mid notes make up the majority of what you smell in this fragrance. I had to Google what petitgrain was - it's an essential oil extracted from the bitter orange tree and it's prominently green with orange blossom, and that's definitely front and center in this fragrance, along with the honeysuckle and violet. This is a wonderful spring perfume, and would make a great wedding perfume too if you're a floral lover!

Top: Neroli, Petitgrain
Mid: Orange Flower, Lavender
Dry: Cashmere Woods, White Suede

Rives: This one is strong on the neroli and pettitgrain, so this one is definitely for the neroli lovers out there. I didn't like this one at first, but it grew on me on the dry down. It's very green, breezy, and clean, and is definitely a unisex scent. I don't think I'd continue wearing this one personally, but it is quite nice!

Top: Sicilian Lemon, Cassis, Pear
Mid: Lotus Blossom, Peony, Centifolia Rose Petals
Dry: Cashmere Woods, Spring Musks, Vanilla Orchid

Rrose: This is a beautiful, playful floral. The rose is definitely there but doesn't overwhelm at all, it's perfectly balanced with the peony. This is a great spring/summer fragrance and would make a PERFECT wedding perfume. I definitely recommend this one if you're a floral lover!

Top: Bergamot, Bitter Orange
Mid: Green Tea, Pink Freesia
Dry: Cashmere Woods, Vanilla Beans

Sci-Fi: This is a very unique, compelling fragrance. It's on the sweeter side, but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as sweet right off the bat. I get a note of grenadine, and it's almost mouthwatering. I would say the most prominent note is the green tea which I love because I've never owned a perfume with green tea before. Some of my favorite fragrances are those that are difficult to describe, and this is definitely one of those!

Top: Dark Rum, Davana
Mid: Honey, Bran Absolute, Cinnamon
Dry: Sandalwood, Vanilla Bean, Cocoa Absolute

Bee
: This one is quite sweet. It has really good reviews, but it was an immediate no from me. 😂 If you like sugary fragrances then I'm sure you'll like this one, but I found it almost nauseating between the dark rum, honey, vanilla bean, and cocoa absolute notes.

Notes: Amber, Vanilla Orchid, Virginia Cedarwood, Musk

Super Amber:  I wasn’t expecting to love this one, but I did! I used to think I didn't like amber notes because I smelled one too many cheap Bath & Body Works amber body spray, but this one is really nice. It reminds me of Rosie by Rosie Jane in that it's a skin-like fragrance that'd be great for everyday wear. The only downside to this one is its longevity, I find that it wears off very quickly on me.

Overall, my top favorites from this list are Myth, Rrose, and Raven. I also really like ISO Gamma Super, but I wish that it wore longer on the skin. I really enjoyed exploring the Ellis Brooklyn brand, and I look forward to seeing what they come out with in the future!


xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:



This post contains commissionable links.

No comments