10 Perfumes for Spring


Happy spring! To be honest, spring is my least favorite season... even after winter! I just can't stand the inconsistent temperatures and the rain! BUT it gets us one step closer to summer, and I do love the warmer evenings. Today I'm sharing my top 10 fragrance recommendations for spring, which is fitting because it is apparently also National Fragrance Day! These are in no particular order, but if I had to pick a favorite, I think it would have to be number two. 😍

Notes: Green Galbanum, Jasmine Closed Buds, Sandalwood

1. Gucci Bloom Acqua di Fiori: This is a very green, fresh fragrance. It smells like a dewy garden in the morning! It's slightly floral, but the floral notes take a backseat to the green, almost herbaceous notes - perfect for spring! It's suitable for daytime but could also be worn into nighttime - I've worn it on plenty of dinner dates.

Notes: Cassis, Acacia Honey, Peach

1. Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey: This may be my favorite Jo Malone fragrance - it's youthful and sweet, but in a fruity way, not a sugary way. The peach note is definitely the most prominent, but it's rounded out by the honey note and accentuated by the cassis. Despite how fresh it is, this is one of my most intense and longest-lasting fragrances. My coworker whose office is next to mine was wearing it the other day, and I smelled it distinctly as soon as I got to my office!

Notes: Citron, Jasmine, Teakwood

3. Chanel Chance eau Tendre: I would describe this fragrance as radiant, uplifting, and happy. It's just a fresh, feminine scent and makes a great daytime fragrance. There are two versions of Chanel Eau Tendre; an eau de toilette (EDT) and an eau de parfum (EDP). EDTs are lighter and typically don't last as long on the skin ,while EDPs are typically stronger and have more longevity, so I usually opt for an EDP versus an EDT when given the option. However, I've compared the two in this case and while the EDP version is lovely, I still prefer the EDT version. They have different notes, and the freshness of the citron in toilette smells nicer and more upbeat to me.

Notes:  Mandarin, White Tea, Luminous Musk

4. Elizabeth Arden White Tea Mandarin Blossom: The white tea note in this perfume makes it such a unique fragrance! It adds an unexpected green freshness and warmth that reminds me of stepping outside on a sunny spring morning. The musk note adds a sophisticated element that deepens it a bit, but overall it's fresh and lush.


Top notes: Bergamot, Ambrette Seeds, Cassis
Mid: Tiger Orchid, Pink Lotus, Jasmine Petals
Dry: Patchouli, Liquid Musks, White Cedarwood

5. Ellis Brooklyn Myth: This fragrance is new to my springtime lineup this year, and it is THE most uplifting, fresh, and light scent! It would make a great everyday scent because it's a moderate intensity, and relatively neutral. The notes list a lot of floral elements, but it isn't super floral at all; the bergamot and ambrette give a certain freshness that lift up the other notes. It reminds me of how your hair smells when you get done at the salon after the stylist uses a bunch of expensive products in it.

Notes: Damascus Rose, Peony, White Musk

6. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet: If I could ever stick with just one signature scent, this one would be a strong contender - this is one of the few perfumes that I've completely used up and repurchased. It's my ideal floral: light, feminine, and fresh. It has the same vibe as Ellis Brooklyn Myth, but it's a bit more sophisticated and romantic in my opinion. It's perfect for spring, but also great to wear year round, which I do. It would make a great wedding day perfume - I definitely would've chosen this one if it wasn't one I had already worn for years.

Notes: Mandarin, Basilic, Cedarwood

7. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic: This fragrance is so fresh and energizing. It's the only true citrus fragrance I own, and I absolutely love it. I know there are a lot of fans of the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Orange Soleia out there, but I prefer this one - the basilic note gives it a little something extra.



Notes: Bergamot, Peony, Amber

8. Clean Reserve Classic Warm Cotton: Pay no attention to the notes on this one, it just smells like fresh, clean laundry! This one is fresh but POTENT, you only need a couple of spritzes and you'll smell super fresh and clean. I like wearing this scent on low-key days where I'm fresh out of the shower, wearing something comfy and hanging out or running errands.

Notes: Blackberry, Bay Leaves, Cedarwood

9. Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay: The blackberry note in this one is very tart, so it's a good fresh, daytime fragrance. I wouldn't necessarily call it fruity, more bright and vibrant with a tiny hint of woods. It's nice year-round, but especially during springtime in my opinion.

Notes: Aquatic Accord, Coriander, Red Seaweed Essence

10. Replica Sailing Day: I almost didn't include this one because my list is getting so long, but what the heck, the more the merrier! If you love fresh fragrances, this one is for you - it's extremely crisp and invigorating, it reminds me of a brisk sea breeze. It's a unisex fragrance and definitely leans masculine, but not so much so that it can't be worn by women. I've been wearing this one a ton lately!

Let me know your favorite fragrances for spring, I always love trying new scents!


xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments