Blue and White Dresses

Toward the end of winter, I had a serious dress purge - I realized I had a lot of dresses that I liked but just wasn't wearing enough to justify keeping them. I tend to order a lot of dresses in the spring and summer, so I needed to make room for new additions! Most of the dresses I've gotten so far this season have been blue and white, so I thought I'd do a dedicated post to highlight all of them! Sizing and quality details of each of them are below, and I included a few extra blue and white picks in the widget.


1. Satin scarf dress: I couldn't include this one in the widget, so I had to talk about it first! This is the first thing I've ever purchased from Zara, and it's THE most beautiful, flowy dress, perfect for summertime! I love that it looks like it's made up of satin scarves, and the wrist ties are a unique touch. I sized down to an XS in this one because it has a relaxed fit and a stretchy waistband, but I could've worn my regular small too.

2. Eyelet mini: I love this one so much I got it in white, too! This one is such a pretty, feminine piece. It's only $35 but the eyelet looks expensive, and it's lined so it feels high quality. It's sized generously so I sized down. My only critique of this one is that it's on the shorter side - I'm 5'6" and I wouldn't wear it if it were any shorter. 

3. Striped midi:  This is a great comfortable "throw on" dress that you can elevate with some lace up espadrille wedges and a straw hat. It looks more expensive than it is in my opinion, I love the little puff sleeves! It's generously sized, I recommend sizing down.

4. Toile mini: I rarely pay full price for dresses above a Target price point, but I had to make an exception for this one! The fit is great, and I love the way it hangs and flows. It's out of stock currently but sizes have been coming back intermittently, that's how I got mine! I would say it's true to size - I ended up sizing up to a medium because my regular size small was out of stock and it's too big, but it works since it's loose fitting and has a waist tie. If you like the style, it comes in a bunch of solid colors too, as well as a floral and a beautiful eyelet!

5. Striped shirt dress: This one is a preppy classic! It's 100% cotton, true to size, and also comes in pink. I styled it recently in this post!

6. Floral midi: This one is actually a repurchase - I got it a couple of years ago and the drawstring broke off, so I bought it again this year. The quality of the newer one is better than the one I used to have! It's a lightweight cotton blend, the pattern is beautiful, and it has nice covered buttons on the front. True to size! The only thing I would add to this one would be lining for the skirt.

7. Silk shirt dress: I'd been waiting on this one to go on sale for a while, the positive reviews sold me! It has a relaxed fit so I sized down and it fits perfectly, still with a little extra room. I can't resist a good shirt dress, and I love that this one is elevated and a little dressy. 

8. Linen blend shirt dress: Midi shirt dresses are a must for me in the summertime, and the fact that this one is a linen and cotton blend makes it even better! This one has a relaxed fit, so I sized down in it and still have plenty of room - if you like it extra oversized, go with your true size. My favorite part about this dress is that it comes with a wait tie, and I also plan on styling it with a woven belt.

9. Tiered midi: Last but not least, this beautiful tiered midi! This one would be perfect for any showers or events you have coming up this season, and it also comes in blush pink, white, black, burgundy and camel. It runs large, I recommend sizing down one size if not two, and I think this one is best suited for those of us with chests on the smaller size - I saw some reviews of women with larger chests saying that it didn't work for them.


xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments