February Favorites



Was February even a month? I seriously cannot believe it's already March! February was a short month, but I had no shortage of favorites! Let's get into 'em...

    1. Heart apron: I love a good apron, but I try to keep my collection limited because how many aprons does one home chef really need? I couldn't resist this one, though! I have one other Williams Sonoma one and I really enjoy the fit and quality of it, so I knew I'd like this one too. The heart print is just too cute, and it's currently on sale for $17!
    2. Smashbox lipstick in "Stepping Out": I was so excited to find this lipstick because it's the closest dupe I've been able to find for one of my very favorite discontinued lipstick shades, which was "Sex on the Peach" by Too Faced. This is almost an exact dupe! Besides that, this lipstick has a very unique formula unlike any bullet lipstick I've ever tried. It's a cream to matte formula, and applies very smoothly and easily, but dries down to a matte very quickly. The shape of the lipstick is unique, and makes it very easy to apply. It remains rather sticky once it's "dry" which isn't the best quality, but the color and application are so nice that I don't mind the stickiness. If you layer a gloss on top it counteracts the stickiness!
    3. MAC lipstick in "Love U Back": I bought this on a whim after talking to some MAC employees about how I have trouble finding a nude lipstick that doesn't come up peachy on my skin tone. They recommended this one and I've been liking this month! It's kind of weird seeing a lighter nude on myself because I typically wear lighter nudes, but I'm glad I found this one that isn't too orange-y on me.
    4. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic: This fragrance became a new favorite last summer, and as we approach warm weather I've been using it a ton! It's super citrusy and fresh, but there's also something sexy about it. The notes are mandarin, basilic, and cedarwood and I feel like it is the perfect combination of those three scents. I just ordered a new bottle, so I look forward to wearing it all spring and summer!
    5. Starbucks drink: Y'ALL I have a new go-to iced drink at Starbucks! My friend put me on to this one, it's supposed to be a "hack" to get a less expensive version of the caramel macchiato, but I think it's more akin to the shaken espressos because it's espresso-heavy and not super sweet whatsoever. HERE'S HOW TO ORDER: ask for a triple iced espresso in a venti cup with a splash of oat milk (you could use any milk you want) and a caramel drizzle. It comes to about $4 which is almost $2 cheaper than the shaken espressos are! You don't *need* it in a venti cup, but sometimes they give you more milk when it's in a venti cup, so that's why my friend said to get a venti cup, haha. It's so yummy and strong, but the milk and caramel drizzle cut the espresso flavor just enough. I think next time I'll get it without the caramel drizzle because I think it'd be just as good without it - the flavor and sweetness it adds is very subtle. Let me know what you think if you try this one!
    6. Sephora eyeshadow in "Demanding": My girl Nicolette on Instagram recommended this and I had to try it - it is so fun and sparkly! I really enjoy this eyeshadow especially for the price point, I want to try some of the other glittery shades.
    7. Celine "Catherine" sunglasses: I have been lusting after these sunglasses since probably 2017 - I got my first pair of Celine sunglasses (the "Tildas," still my favorite pair to this day!) and fell in love with the quality of them. I finally splurged on these when Kenny and I were in Arizona and I'm so glad I did, they are so chic and incredibly high quality. They're heavy and fit perfectly!
    8. Veja Campos: I was so obsessed with these shoes last spring but opted for a less expensive pair. The ones I got were nice, but the quality was not what I was hoping. I ended up getting these this season and I'm so glad I did! They are so nice, comfortable, and versatile. Kenny (sneaker expert) was even pleased with the craftsmanship and quality of the leather.
    9. Amazon leggings: All of my favorite leggings have been getting worn out, so I've been in the market for some replacements. It seems like everyone has a different pair of Amazon leggings that they swear by, so I wanted to try some. I was expecting to have to try a few pairs before finding ones I loved, but after  They have nice compression but they're still stretchy and comfortable, they're super high-waisted, and lint and pet hair seem to have a harder time sticking to them compared to my other leggings. I'd definitely purchase more pairs!
    10. Nashville sweatshirt: If you know me, then you know that I LOVE Nashville! I decided to order this sweatshirt with "Nashville Tennessee" on it, but you can have it customized to say anything you want! I got one of the "Independent" sweatshirts for mine and it's pretty much the same as Comfort Colors. So comfy and so cute!
    11. Streaming: Kenny and I have enjoyed a lot on streaming this month! We watched Want You Back on Amazon Prime on a whim the day it came out, and oh my gosh we loved it! It's a really good rom com, it's so cute and funny and has a pretty star-studded cast. I definitely recommend this one, I'd watch it again! Speaking of star-studded casts, we've been watching Pam & Tommy on Hulu - not all of the episodes are out yet, but we've been really loving it so far! We watched Euphoria this month too and it was so not a show I thought I would like and the first couple of episodes did not hook me, but we're in season two now and we love it. Last but not least, we're watching the new season of Love is Blind and OMG is it cringeworthy (in the best way, of course).


I hope you're having a great week! It's been a bit warmer this week and it's supposed to hit 70 degrees over the weekend, so I'm hoping to spend some time outside!


xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.


No comments