Favorite Winter Soup Recipes

Happy Monday! It has been CHILLY around here lately, and all I've wanted most days has been a good bowl of warm, satisfying soup. I love sharing favorite recipes back and forth with my friends and family, so I thought it would be fun to share my favorite soup recipes that get a lot of use in the cold winter months! All of these soups are vegan (or can easily be adjusted to be), and they're all very customizable - add whatever vegetables or protein you like!

Image via Health

Vegetarian white bean chili: This is one of my very most made soup recipes! It's easy, delicious, and full of protein, vitamins, and fiber. The recipe is great as-is, but I usually add garlic, along with extra carrots, celery, and kale just to have more vegetables. I also sometimes add extra broth or water depending on how thick it is. 

2023 UPDATE: This recipe was removed from the Health website, but I had a copy saved so I posted my adaptation of it and re-linked to that one above!

Image via Skinny Ms.

Black bean and lentil protein soup: This is another soup I make a ton - Kenny especially loves it! I don't think of it as a chili, but that's basically what it is - it's not brothy like a regular soup. It's protein-packed and super satisfying, I feel like lentils don't get enough love! Sometimes I add some chopped spinach or kale to add some extra vitamins and minerals. It wilts down so you barely even notice it!

Image via Tasty as Fit

Immunity soup: This is my favorite version of vegetable soup out there! It's delicious, and the recipe was thoughtfully created to contain tons of vitamins and minerals. I usually add the mushrooms that it calls for but I don't love the texture of them in this particular soup, so I think next time I'll probably leave them out and add an extra can of cannellini beans instead. I also swap out the bone broth for vegetable broth to make it vegan, but you can use whatever broth you like!

Image via Cookie and Kate

Vegetarian pho: I looove a good noodle soup, so when I was first introduced to pho it became an instant favorite! This vegetarian pho recipe isn't necessarily traditional, but it's so good. I garnish my pho with bean sprouts, jalapeno slices, lime wedges, sriracha, and cilantro. I also like adding pan-fried tofu for some extra texture and protein.

Image via It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken

Vegan Irish stew: Kenny loves a good, hearty, stew-type soup, so this is a favorite of his. It's loaded with tender carrots, potatoes, and vegan sausage, and has a super yummy, thick stout broth.

Image via Rabbit and Wolves

Spicy Thai peanut ramen:  This creamy noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food! It's rich, spicy, and savory, and I cannot resist a good noodle dish. In my experience making this recipe, the noodles pretty much completely absorb all of the liquid, so if you want a more brothy soup, add some extra vegetable broth, or less noodles. I also find that the 1/2 cup of peanut butter it calls for is too much for my taste - I usually start with a few tablespoons and add more to taste. I also like to add some pan-fried tofu for a little protein!

Image via Jessica in the Kitchen

Mushroom wild rice soup: This recipe is super creamy and delicious, and I love the texture of wild rice in a good, thick soup. I recommend using canned coconut milk in it because it's the most creamy plant-based milk. You don't taste the coconut! Add whatever vegetables you like to this one - it would be delicious with some kale or finely chopped broccoli and/or cauliflower.

Image via Gimme Some Oven

Cajun corn chowder: This chowder is SO yummy and satisfying, and it just so happens to be vegan - you'd never know it, though! The hearty potatoes and sweet corn are so flavorful with the Cajun seasoning, it's almost reminiscent of a Lowcountry boil.


I hope you have a great week, stay warm out there! I just got my first dutch oven, and I'm so excited to use it for soups, and as many other recipes as possible (I've always wanted to make this crusty artisan bread, and now I can!)

xoxx, Laura

3 comments

  1. Hello Laura. I love the first soup recipe you posted above, the Vegetarian White Bean Chili and have it pinned to my Pinterest site (it's a popular chili in our house). I went to pull it today and the website (Health) page no longer works, and unfortunately I never printed/saved the recipe offline. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of the recipe would you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan - I actually do have a hard copy of it and I'm so glad I saved it because I was so bummed to see that the original recipe had been taken down too! I am happy to email it to you if you're comfortable sharing your email address, or I can copy and paste it into a comment. Let me know - and thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I also wanted the recipe for the white chili but saw it was taken down . Could you possibly reprint it! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete