Sore Throat Tonic Recipe


Cold and flu season is here, and everyone's least favorite novel virus is still going strong, so I think we could all use a little comforting pick-me-up! Today I’m sharing a recipe that I got from one of my mom’s friends for what I call “sore throat tonic” that is perfect if you’re feeling off! It’s super comforting, really soothes a sore throat, and tastes delicious. I always make a cup of this when I’m feeling off! 

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons honey (Local and raw is best! Use less if you want it less sweet.)
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 8oz hot water
  • If you’re my mom… a couple ounces of Jameson whiskey 😂

Directions

  1. Heat your water until just before it boils. While water is heating, add honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon to a mug. 
  2. Add the hot water to the mug and stir until the honey dissolves. The cinnamon will separate back out of the mixture as it sits, so keep a spoon handy so you can stir as you drink. 
  3. Sip and enjoy! 

Stay well! 

xoxx, Laura 

No comments