December Favorites


HAPPY NEW YEAR BABES! I had a snow day yesterday which was so much fun! And by fun, I mean I took down Christmas decorations, de-snowed Kenny's and my cars, and then did just about nothing (in the best way!) I was planning on making chili and cornbread for dinner, but I was missing a couple of ingredients that I needed so I sent Kenny to get them while he was running a few other errands, but he decided while he was out that he'd rather have pizza from our favorite local place, so that's exactly what we had. 😂


Anyways, my snow day is why I'm a day late on this post, but I know you'll forgive me. Let's get into my December favorites! P.S. I'll also be sharing my 2021 favorites later this week (I'm planning on Friday), so be sure to come back for that!

    1. Indigo Rd. Irie Boots: These are a great affordable option similar to the Marc Fisher Izzie boots. I love those, but I wanted to try out a less expensive version and these fit the bill! They're faux leather/shearling but still look really nice. They're under $100 full price, but they go on sale too - I think I paid $60 for mine.
    2. OPI "I'm Not Really a Waitress": This is the color I chose for my Christmas nails, and I love it! It's a beautiful, subtly metallic deep red that's great for any time of year, but especially the holiday season and winter months. 
    3. Le Specs Air Hearts: These are a repurchase for me, and I like them even better the second time! I got these in black and tortoise a year or two ago, and wore them a ton. The blacks are my favorites, but I broke my first pair by smashing them on my door frame while reaching down and grabbing Roxy before she escaped into the great outdoors. 😂 I got a new pair on major sale for Black Friday, and I'm so glad to have them back in my life! They're beautiful, classic cat eye frames, and I especially love them in black.
    4. J.Crew Bow Earrings: I wore the heck out of these over the holiday season, but I think they're great year-round! It's a fun take on a classic pearl earring that makes a bit of a statement without being over the top.
    5. Milani lipstick in "Secret": This lipstick shade blew up on Instagram (and TikTok too, I'm sure) because it's supposed to be a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lipstick. I've always been interested in trying Pillow Talk but wasn't willing to pay $34 for it, so I was excited to try this one! I can't compare it to the Charlotte Tilbury one as a dupe since I've never tried that one, but I do like the shade of the Milani - it's a fun change of pace for me because I don't typically go for pinky-nudes.
    6. Liquid I.V. Golden Cherry: Liquid I.V. is a pantry staple for Kenny and me, especially because I truly believe it shortens the duration of a headache (my headaches are usually dehydration-related). I tried the golden cherry flavor back in the summer and intended to include it in a favorites post several months ago, but it was limited edition and sold out! Luckily they brought it back (for what seems like for good), so I wanted to include it this month!
    7. Mrs. Meyers Snowdrop: The Mrs. Meyers household product seasonal scents are always a hit, and I tried the "snowdrop" fragrance this season and fell in love! Many of the products are sold out for the season at this point, but you might get lucky at your local Target, so keep an eye out!
    8. Ellis Brooklyn Raven and Myth Perfumes: I've been deep into the Ellis Brooklyn fragrance line this past month (review coming soon!) but I wanted to highlight my two favorites: Raven and Myth! I believe that Myth is their bestselling fragrance, and I can see why - It's a gorgeous fresh floral that reminds me of when you get your hair done and then you can't stop smelling your hair for the rest of the day because of all of the products the stylist used in it. Raven is my other favorite, and it's definitely a fragrance that isn't for everyone. It's very strong and "grandma" smelling when you first spray it, but upon dry down it's a beautiful, complex, and sultry floral. It reminds me of a heavier, more "rustic" version of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle - probably because they're both floral and have a patchouli note.
    9. Scam Goddess Podcast: I started this podcast on a recommendation from Things I Bought and Liked on Instagram, and it's such a fun listen. The host, Laci Mosley, tells stories of crazy scams and their scammers in such a funny way. She always has a guest to banter back and forth with, and it's always LOL-worthy.
    10. Nicki Minaj: I don't know what happened, but I've pretty much been listening to Nicki Minaj an only Nicki Minaj for the past several weeks. 😂 I RARELY listen to slow music - it's always bangers with me, and I've really enjoyed exploring Nicki Minaj's discography beyond her (many) popular hits. I realized I've kind of grown up on her music, so much of it brings back such fun memories of high school!
    11. Shows: There were a lot of shows I liked this month, so I'll try and keep my list succinct! Love Island UK (Season 7): LOVED this season, this was probably Kenny's and my favorite season yet (in close competition with the Molly Mae and Tommy season). Selling Sunset (Season 4): I love Selling Sunset, and this has been my favorite season yet! I love the new girls, and I love Christine's insane drama. How to with John Wilson: My friend demanded Kenny and I watch this show back when it first came out because she knew we'd love it, and she was so right! Season two just came out and I think I might like it even better than the first one. It's kind of hard to describe if you've never seen it, but it's a documentary-style show that combines a ton of random footage and impromptu interviews in New York City that have been combined into a comedic tutorial on how to do something different each episode. Sex Lives of College Girls: I binged this whole season on New Year's Day because Kenny was gone and I was in the mood to be an absolute degenerate. It's a fun, raunchy, coming-of-age comedy about four freshman roommates at a fictional college New England meeting and finding their places. 


I hope your 2022 is insane, in the best way possible! Lots more favorites coming your way. 😎

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments