October Favorites


Happy November! AKA Merry Christmas to some of you?? I'm not one to wish away November because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but I have been more welcoming of those of you that like to jump the gun with the Christmas decor, music, etc. 😂 ANYWAYS the time has come for October favorites, and I forgot to attempt to narrow my list down to 10 things this month so there are a few extras! Lotsa shoes on the list this month. 😂 Let's get into it!

  1. Franco Sarto Katherine boots: These are my very favorite knee high black boots and have been for years - I did a whole post on them here! My original pair finally wore out, so I got a new pair this season and still love them more than any other black knee high boot I've tried.
  2. Slim turtleneck: One of my fall and winter wardrobe staples is a slim-fitting turtleneck sweater. They're perfect for layering and tucking into pants and skirts! I was looking for a few new ones because some of my older ones are beginning to loo a little worse for wear, and these from Amazon are great and affordable. I got black, white, and tan and I know I'll get a ton of wear out of them.
  3. Chain drop earrings: Another Amazon love lately has been this pair of earrings - they are SO gorgeous and dainty and remind me of Maria Tash for under $20!
  4. Merrell Moab 2 boots: Kenny and I have been hiking a ton this fall and my old circa-2009 pair of hiking literally fell apart a few hikes in. 😂 I needed some new ones and decided on this pair after doing some research, and Kenny ended up getting the men's version! I got the color "Brindle" simply because it was the cheapest one at the time I ordered them, but it's probably the colorway I would've chosen anyway - they're really cute in person and Kenny "Shoe Snob" Busic loves them too, even more than the ones he got! I his are in the "Boulder" color.
  5. Cheddar jalapeno Cheetos: Kenny randomly brought these home one night after stopping at the gas station because we'd never had them and he thought they'd be fun to try. WELL I have been ADDICTED ever since! I bring them when we go on hikes to eat as a snack afterwards. 😂
  6. Heart charm earrings: I wanted something similar to this pair of Jennifer Behr earrings at a more affordable price point, so I picked these up and they are so pretty! They're a little heavy, so I always wear them with my trusty grandma lobe supporters.
  7. Coated jeans: I LOVE a pair of coated jeans in the fall and winter, especially to wear to the office. I have a couple of skinny pairs and wanted a straighter pair, so I picked these up and they're perfect. True to size, high-waisted, and comfortably stretchy.
  8. Houndstooth knot headband: I got this headband last year and have loved wearing it, so I was excited to it return this season! I'm wearing it as I type this!
  9. Veja Campo sneakers: I've included these in favorites post before, but I got a second pair in September and I've been wearing the heck out of them. They're comfortable, classic, true to size, and easy to style. They're almost all I wore on my trip to New York at the beginning of October and they served me well!
  10. Pumpkin mug: I could NOT resist this $5 pumpkin mug from Target - how cute?! Their seasonal mugs are the best, and this one is the perfect size for a smaller coffee.
  11. OPI "Got the Blues for Red": This has been my nail color of the month - it's one of my favorite deep red shades!
  12. Vince Camuto Tressara boots: I found these boots during the Nordstrom sale but waited until recently to get them - I thought they might be too wide-calf for me, but they look nice. The "root beer" color is the perfect brown, and I love the fun heel shape. See me style them in this post!
  13. Watching: I've been watching a lot of different things this month (all on Netflix!), so I'll try to keep my descriptions succinct! First up was The Watcher, which is a highly dramatized scripted series based on a yet unsolved situation where a family moved into a house and began receiving creepy and threatening letters from an unidentified individual. I started the new season of Unsolved Mysteries and it's pretty good! Some episodes are better than others, the first one has been my favorite so far (they're released weekly). I also started the new season of Love is Blind and I unapologetically love that stupid show. 😂 Last Friday, Kenny and I were looking for a scary movie to watch and decided on Creep, and it was so freaky! It's probably the lowest budget movie I've ever seen, but it's very unsettling and was exactly what we were in the mood for - it has a sequel, so I'm sure we will watch that one too! The last new thing I've been watching this month has been Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities - long name! I randomly put it on on Sunday when I saw it pop up on the Netflix home page and Kenny and I have been loving it. It seemed like it might be kind of corny based on the intro, but it's really interesting. It's basically a series of episodes that are more like spooky short films - they all have different stories, directors, and casts.


I hope you've had a great start to the month! 


xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments