Favorite Holiday Candles


It's the holiday season, which also means holiday CANDLE season! Today I'm sharing my favorite scents to fill my home with during the holidays and throughout winter. Most of them are from Bath & Body Works, so I wanted to make sure to share prior to Black Friday because they always sell out between that and "candle day."

Siberian fir, Cedarwood, Sandalwood

Thymes Frasier Fir: I had to start the list with this candle because it's the only one on my list that isn't from Bath & Body Works, and it is THE ultimate holiday candle in my opinion. It is the PERFECT pine scent, better than any other pine candle I've ever used. It's pricier than I usually spend on candles, so I always stock up in January after the holidays when they go on sale.

Woodland Balsam, Crisp Eucalyptus, Fir Branches, and Cedarwood

Fresh Balsam (2, 3, 4, 5, single wick): Fresh Balsam is B&BW's most classic holiday candle, it's the perfect pine scent and smells just like a Christmas tree!

Crisp Pine Needle, Warm Cedar, and Spiced Apple

Tree Farm (2, single wick): This scent is VERY similar to Fresh Balsam - you really don't need both because it's hard to even discern the difference between the two. If I had to name a difference, I would say that this one is more "crisp" as if you're breathing in the cold air outside - at a tree farm! I love both of them, but if I could only pick one I'd go with Fresh Balsam.

Vanilla Balsam: This one basically smells identical to Fresh Balsam, with just a TOUCH of vanilla underneath. Not overly sweet at all, that's why I like it. It's something a little different from the usual pine-scented candles.

Fir Balsam, Juniper Berries, Vanilla Eggnog, and Sage Leaves

Under The Christmas Tree (single wick): This is a wonderful Christmas morning scent - it's very piney with some sweet vanilla mixed in, but the sweetness is not overwhelming. It's similar to Vanilla Balsam with more sweetness.

Cedarwood, Cardamom, and White Birch

Balsam & Firewood: This is such a great cold-weather scent! It's the perfect combination of piney and smoky, and can carry you through the holidays and into January.

Smoked Cedar, Fresh Clove Bud, and Warm Embers

Fireside (single wick): This one is very woodsy and smoky, it smells just like a bonfire. It's very cozy, and one that a lot of guys like, too - I've gotten it for my brother as a gift.

Dark Oak, Bourbon Reserve, and Smoked Vanilla

Smoked Vanilla Whiskey: This is the only candle on this list that is new to me this year, and it is such a good one! I appreciate that it's wintry but not necessarily "holiday." It is similar to Fireside, with some sweetness from the vanilla note.

Warm Apple Brandy, Spiced Plum, Tart Cranberry, and Cinnamon Stick

Spiced Apple Toddy (2, single wick): This scent is everything you could want in a cozy, homey candle! It's warm and spicy - the perfect elevated apple cinnamon scent.

Fresh Cut Pine, Cinnamon Sugar, and Toasted Marshmallow

The Perfect Christmas (2, 3, 4, single wick): This one really is the perfect Christmas candle. It's primarily cinnamon-pine smelling to me, followed by a hint of sweetness, but isn't nearly as sweet as the notes might lead you to believe.

Cinnamon Leaf, Clove Bud, and Ground Nutmeg

Cinnamon & Clove Buds: This candle was new to me last season, and it is SO cozy and luxe-smelling - the perfect warm spice fragrance with the ideal balance of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.

White Woods, Pine Needles, Sparkling Clementine, and Spiced Clove

Winter (2, single wick): If you're looking for the perfect cold-weather home fragrance, this is it! I was candle shopping with Kenny years ago and he picked this one out, and it's been our favorite winter candle ever since. If I could only keep one B&BW holiday candle, it would be this one. I like burning it after Christmas too because it doesn't have the typical pine or cinnamon smells that many holiday candles do. The fragrance is very cozy and sophisticated, clove is definitely a prominent note but there's more to it than that. It smells like an expensive designer candle, and it's unlike any other home fragrance I've ever had.

Red Apples, Crisp Pears, and Candied Oranges

Winter Candy Apple (2, single wick): I absolutely love this scent because it has so many memories attached to it - this is one of my friend's signature scent, and it will always remind me of Christmas break in college when we would spend a lot of time together. It has a very fun and unique sweet fruit scent that isn't cheap or childish-smelling, you just have to smell it to understand! It's not an inherently Christmassy-smelling candle, so it's a nice one to burn to mix it up. I definitely recommend smelling this one if you haven't before, it's one of  a kind.

Fresh Sage, Juniper Berry, Aromatic Eucalyptus, and Fresh Woods

Sweater Weather (2, single wick):  This is more of a fall candle than a holiday candle in my opinion, but it's still one of my favorites and they always release it in holiday packaging, so I wanted to include it! It's super fresh, a bit woodsy, a little herbaceous, and does give the feeling of stepping out into the crisp fall and winter air. it.

I hope you have a great holiday week, and get to enjoy a few days off!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments