Spring Transitional Shirt Dress

Hiiii! I'm back today with a fun spring transitional look featuring one of my recent favorite ~fashion hacks~

Shirt dress (similar here) | Sweater | Sneakers | Sunglasses | LV Pochette Accessories NM


The fashion hack in question? How I layered a sweater over this shirt dress! Styling sweaters on top of dresses has become one of my favorite things to do, and it's super easy, all you need is a belt. Just fasten the belt around your natural waist (right under your ribs) a notch or two looser than you would if you were wearing it on its own, and tuck your sweater up into the underside of the belt on all sides. This is easier with a sweater that's more cinched around the bottom, but I've made it work with slouchier ones as well, it just takes a little bit more adjusting. You can use this trick with any dress and oversized sweater that go well together, and it doesn't matter what belt you use because you won't see it!


Shrit dresses are one of my very favorite pieces for spring and summer. I wear them to the office and on date nights, but I'm also perfectly content to throw one on with a pair of sneakers or sandals to run errands. The one I'm wearing also comes in black, and I'm lusting after this one in the green stripe colorway! 

 
I also had to call out the shoes I'm wearing - I've been looking for a good pair of affordable leather sneakers and after trying a couple of pairs, I found the perfect ones for me! These are from one of my favorite brands, true to size, genuine leather, and under $45. I also tried this pair which I loved, but they run large and didn't have a size down in stock, but I still recommend them as long as you size down!


This is my favorite snap from over the weekend with my friend Emma who was home from NYC for the week! I feel like my friends and I never get photos together because we're too busy catching up, but that's just the sign of a good time. We went to a super fun happy hour together on Friday night, and then on Saturday we went to my favorite local farm market and had some wine, and then we went to an estate jewelry and antique store that we love to go to every time we're together. We found some gems, but left empty handed! The thrill of the hunt is half the fun though, huh?


xoxx, Laura

No comments