7 Favorite Warm Weather Perfumes


If there's one thing I can't resist, it's a new fragrance! I used to be very loyal to only my very favorite fragrances and only the best of the best got a place on my vanity, but recently I've been enjoying expanding my perfume tastes and trying new families of fragrances, especially since testers haven't necessarily been available in stores over the past year. I took a look at all of my favorite perfumes, and the ones I'm sharing today are my favorite warm-weather scents that I wear the most during spring and summer.

ALSO: The Sephora Spring Sale is live for all rewards members now through 4/19, so you can get many of these perfumes on sale over there for up to 20% off with code OMGSPRING.

Notes: Rose, peony, soft musk

1. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet:  This is the most beautiful, light, feminine floral fragrance I've ever smelled! I think that it would make a GREAT wedding perfume; if I hadn't already owned it prior to my wedding, it definitely would've been in the running for mine (Side note: the perfume I ended up choosing for my wedding has since been discontinued, but it's almost identical to Chloe L'Eau, which is another favorite of mine!) The first note is rose, but I don't find it to be heavily rose whatsoever. To me it's a light but unique soft musky floral that smells both upbeat and sophisticated.


Notes: Mandarin, white tea, luminous musk

2. Elizabeth Arden White Tea Mandarin Blossom: The white tea note in this perfume makes it such a unique fragrance! It adds an unexpected green freshness and warmth that reminds me of stepping outside on a sunny summer morning. The musk note adds a sexy element that deepens it a bit, but overall it's fresh and lush.

Notes: Cassis, acacia honey, peach

3. Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey: What makes this fragrance unique to me is how light and fruity yet strong it is. Typically perfumes that I consider "strong" are often very heavily musky or warm, but in this case, it's very fresh and juicy but still makes a statement. It's a very youthful fragrance, it would be a great gift for a younger girl who's getting into perfume.

Notes: Sicilian lemon, Italian bergamot, Calabrian mandarin, Moroccan orange flower absolute, neroli bigarade petals, fig nectar, coconut milk, musk, cedarwood, ambrox

4. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Azur: This is the most unique summery fragrance I own. As you can see, it has a LOT of notes, which makes it hard to describe. It's definitely super beachy, but doesn't smell primarily of coconut like a lot of other beachy fragrances tend to. Acrually, I don't smell coconut in it at all. I would say that it smells most of neroli with warm musk and citrus. You really have to smell it to understand! I ordered it blindly last summer after hearing my friend rave about it, and at first I didn't know if I would love it, but the more I smelled it the more I fell in love.

Notes: Sicilian cedar, apple, bluebell, bamboo, jasmine, white rose, citron wood, amber, musk

5. Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue: This is a quintessential fresh, happy perfume. It's a classic that you've probably smelled by now, and if you haven't, get on it! It's very fresh, citrusy, and aquatic, and perfect for daytime. A lot of the marketing for this fragrance involves coastal imagery, so it really makes me think of sailing off the coast of Italy, which I think is exactly they feeling that this light, aquatic scent evokes. It also comes in an intense version if you prefer something stronger, and a formulation for men as well!

Notes: Citron, jasmine, teakwood

6. Chanel Chance eau Tendre Eau de Toilette: This scent is newer to my collection, but I've lusted after it for years! The scent isn't similar to Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, but the overall vibe of it is very similar: light, fresh, feminine floral. There are two versions of Chanel Eau Tendre; an eau de toilette (EDT) and an eau de parfum (EDP). EDTs are lighter and typically don't last as long on the skin ,while EDPs are typically stronger and have more longevity, so I usually opt for an EDP versus an EDT when given the option. However, I've compared the two in this case and while the EDP version is lovely, I still prefer the EDT version. They have different notes, and the freshness of the citron in the toilette smells nicer and more upbeat to me.

Notes: natural coconut absolue, white cedarwood oils, coconut water, ocean mist accord, tiare

7. Nest Ocean Mist & Coconut Water: What's unique about this fragrance to me is that all of the notes seem to be represented equally. It's definitely coconutty, but not primarily so; to me the cedarwood and ocean mist elements are just as prominent. It's definitely on the warmer side, but not overwhelmingly so because of the aquatic notes included. It's a body mist rather than a perfume, but it's surprisingly long-lasting for a body mist. Plus, how pretty is the bottle??


HAPPY WEEKEND!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

No comments